What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't go outside due to needing to isolate before a procedure this week, so spent Sunday finally fitting a new dropper post and lever, redoing the tyre sealant and fixing a squeaky brake.
Looking forward to checking my work on the weekend

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Rode my bike on Friday. was hoping to add a couple more rides over the ret of the weekend but nup. Was nice to ride up a hill and down some actual trails. Locals have been busy in the local national park over lock down. what were lightly used scratchings are now foot wide hard pack trails. plenty of new options. Parks will be pissed. Me, I'd like to try a few before they get closed.
You weren't at Plenty Gorge as well? Went there on Friday and mind blown at what the lockdown trail monkeys have been up to... hopefully some of it survives as part of the Pick My Project trail sanctioning going on there.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
You weren't at Plenty Gorge as well? Went there on Friday and mind blown at what the lockdown trail monkeys have been up to... hopefully some of it survives as part of the Pick My Project trail sanctioning going on there.
You ride Case of Spades? Had a roll down on Wednesday afternoon and was well impressed by the work the kids have been doing. Apparently Parks have already told them it'll be dozed but that was a couple of weeks ago and it's still standing so who knows... Place was packed on Friday!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
You ride Case of Spades? Had a roll down on Wednesday afternoon and was well impressed by the work the kids have been doing. Apparently Parks have already told them it'll be dozed but that was a couple of weeks ago and it's still standing so who knows... Place was packed on Friday!
Yeah I was too! Dunno how drainage and erosion is fairing but there's clearly been a lot of thought put into what I saw - solid berms, good run ins to jumps, clear lines. Just have to wait and see how much of it has been cut into areas of environmental or cultural significance (there's a fair bit of both there) and hopefully some of it will survive.

Interestingly it looked like a lot of the older trails I used to ride there have barely been ridden recently.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interestingly it looked like a lot of the older trails I used to ride there have barely been ridden recently.
A lot of new trail has gone in over the last 3 years so it all links up better.. Not sure where you used to ride but the middle gorge between the tank and gorge rd has some really nice trails that form a loop.. Nothing enduro style but just good undulating trail riding..

Shredden

Knows his goats
Is that the trail that runs down parallel to the gravel road?

Gf and I took the dogs for a walk there on Friday arvo. I'd never been out there and was pretty impressed with what they have there, even though it would be really short it looks like heaps of fun.

Bumped into two other dog walkers out there - I didn't mention anything about being an MTBer myself, but both of them bought up how busy it had been in their streets in an annoyed sort of way. I reakon it's probably that, more than the nature of the trails themselves that will get them knocked down in the end. Sucks really.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Two more weeks of slapping and then there will be some super cases coming in.View attachment 368655

View attachment 368656
Fucking wow!!!

Gf and I took the dogs for a walk there on Friday arvo. I'd never been out there and was pretty impressed with what they have there, even though it would be really short it looks like heaps of fun.

Bumped into two other dog walkers out there - I didn't mention anything about being an MTBer myself, but both of them bought up how busy it had been in their streets in an annoyed sort of way. I reakon it's probably that, more than the nature of the trails themselves that will get them knocked down in the end. Sucks really.
The power of whinging is amazing stuff.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Leaves me super pumped to get back to my poorly designed, poorly built, heavily used, poorly maintained, crowded, local dirt lumps!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty

Yep that’s the one. I kinda feel for the locals to be honest, the streets were absolutely flooded with bike riders and their cars on Friday. Once we’re allowed to go more than 25km they’ll disperse - it’s just because it’s the only actual MTB tracks within the radius of inner Melb. I know it wouldn’t be my choice if I could get to Silvan or Red Hill or really anywhere else aha!

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know it wouldn’t be my choice if I could get to Silvan or Red Hill or really anywhere else aha!
It’s close to me so i’m a bit biased, but I would rather ride the gorge any time over Lysty.. Even the kids jump lines work better..

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
The second biggest part of the new build arrived today. The main bit better bloody turn up by Fo'gnition!

I think this build will be a bloody tank! Bit of nostalgia along with the weight... :p (And yes, I know the brand now bears little resemblance to the previous generations past the stickers... Still looking forward to all coil though!). Those bits of red won't be around long either... :p

Last edited: