What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Im going back to SPD pedals for a while I think. I resume building flats skills once Im back to where I was before the crash, but for the moment Ill get my general mojo back without freaking out every time a foot moves on a pedal jumping!

Last "race" I did was the last Kowalski Classic. More of a XC event I guess and it was sorta fun, but really it was just more time spent either passing or being passed! The free Bent Spoke being handed out at the finish line was nice after 50kms of Kowen trails!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Sport generally can get fully fucked. I'm not going to try to convince you to do an enduro, but you're mad to never try one, I reckon.
Yep. Only Enduroed once, loved it. Want to do more. Pretty annoyed I didn't enter for Bright actually, I wrote off the race as I figured World Cup DH and Mystic would be front and centre (the former was well outside of my abilities on attempt, didn't try Mystic) but the tracks looked a bit tamer for the race...?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Talking of races, I've been looking with more and more interest at having a go at the Cape to Cape this year. Reckon it'll be good fun, and give me something to aim for and get some fitness/mojo. Reckon the wifes dad might be keen to race pairs too

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Im going back to SPD pedals for a while I think.
Try Time ATAC, not once in 10yrs of using them can I thing of an instance where unclipping was an issue.
The few years before that spent on Shimano's was dotted with 'couldn't get my foot out' crashes.

Haakon

Try Time ATAC, not 1 instance in 10yrs of using them can I thing of an instance where unclipping was an issue.
The few years before that spent on Shimano's was dotted with 'couldn't get my foot out' crashes.
I've never had an issue with Shimano spd, currently have XT trails and theyre super good. My falling over clipped in has generally been the result of absent mindedness, not a failing of the pedal!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I've only ever done one race in my adult life (I did two when I was a teenager and I was shite haha) and it was an absolute blast!

I trained for it and the feeling of achievement when you pass people on climbs and descents feels amazing.

I'm doing the Atherton 8 hour this August which is more XC. I don't expect to do that well but I just love the vibe of the crowd, competition, nice bikes and food. Oh and having a goal to get fit.

Haakon

I've only ever done one race in my adult life (I did two when I was a teenager and I was shite haha) and it was an absolute blast!

I trained for it and the feeling of achievement when you pass people on climbs and descents feels amazing.

I'm doing the Atherton 8 hour this August which is more XC. I don't expect to do that well but I just love the vibe of the crowd, competition, nice bikes and food. Oh and having a goal to get fit.
Not to mention fabulous trails. Have ridden Atherton twice now, loved it.

moorey

call me Mia

I never ‘expect’ to do well. Any success is generally due to the failure of others.
I never ride at 100% these days, whether fir recreation or racing. Everywhere we race is a 4-6h drive each way. If I was alone, would be different, but with kid/s in tow and the wife at home, there’s too much to lose if I get stranded with the kids 500km from home. Yes, of course I could crash out at any speed, but I just don’t take the additional risks I used to, or might push myself to if I wasn’t the adult in the room.
Watching my kids race and catching up with mates is where it’s at for me.

moorey

call me Mia
Yep. Only Enduroed once, loved it. Want to do more. Pretty annoyed I didn't enter for Bright actually, I wrote off the race as I figured World Cup DH and Mystic would be front and centre (the former was well outside of my abilities on attempt, didn't try Mystic) but the tracks looked a bit tamer for the race...?
WC was elite only. Everything else was very doable, was only the rain that took it up a notch.
Easy to ride, the skill was in riding it well/fast/clean.
Maybe see you at Albury Wodonga?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
WC was an Elite-only stage. Bit of a shame but also kinda happy not to have to do the summit climb twice. The Elevation/Curtain and Boogaloo/Mystic DH stages were pretty tough in the conditions. Elevation a really long, rough stage made harder by how wet and slick it was with clay and sniper roots everywhere. Boogaloo basically just a straight shot down the hill at speed through massive braking holes and chunder where pretty much all you could do was hold on and hope to hold it together for the corner at the bottom. The other three were "tamer" yes, in that they're more straightforward and rideable, but in the wet very technical. Lots of tight low-speed corners and rogue off camber roots etc.

Anyway, Beauty is sold out but there's still the Nailcan round to go if you want to have a crack :)

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Not to mention fabulous trails. Have ridden Atherton twice now, loved it.
Well yeah there's that ;)

My race was the RRR (2016). It's on again next year after being cancelled twice in a row due to COVID.
I never ‘expect’ to do well. Any success is generally due to the failure of others.
I never ride at 100% these days, whether fir recreation or racing. Everywhere we race is a 4-6h drive each way. If I was alone, would be different, but with kid/s in tow and the wife at home, there’s too much to lose if I get stranded with the kids 500km from home. Yes, of course I could crash out at any speed, but I just don’t take the additional risks I used to, or might push myself to if I wasn’t the adult in the room.
Watching my kids race and catching up with mates is where it’s at for me.
Totally fair, we're not paid to race so the stakes are higher if the worst happens!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Nice ! It's been on my radar for quite a few years. Just need to get over to WA.
Riding the whole Munda Biddi is also on the wanted list.
Luckily it's a 3 hour drive from here down to Margs - do it a few times a year for a trip away and to stock up the wine cabinet.
Its not cheap, but I reckon it would be a good laugh and give me something to aim for given its in October this year, provided I get my finger out and organised. I've got an imminent bub due so likely this will go out of the window.
Motivation is my big issue. I was going to do the Dams Ride again his year on my roadie (was yesterday) after I had a deferred entry from last year, but couldn't be bothered in the end. I'm heading to see the doc later as I'm worried about a few things mentally, and put off going to speak to someone about it for too long

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Its one of these flow-trail enduro format type things, so its going to be pedally.
I’m doing that race! My training consists of eating chips and practicing some trails at Silvan... The problem is, I don’t really like the trails they have chosen for the race so I just keep going back to Lyre Lyre ;)

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m doing that race! My training consists of eating chips and practicing some trails at Silvan... The problem is, I don’t really like the trails they have chosen for the race so I just keep going back to Lyre Lyre ;)
I didn't like the trails they chose either, so aren't doing that one lol.

I'm doing the Buxton one which I entered late 2019 before covid turned up.
I didn't even realise it was on again, until my mate reminded me last week, then I started thinking about how little riding I'd been doing over the last 2 months o_O

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Swapped the brake rotors and gave it a wash. Rotors do look a bit of a downgrade over the floating - but we'll see if @Ultra Lord is correct about the floating rotors warping
I spent a bit more time attempting to true my front one again. It is passable but still can't get it totally silent.

I went on a fast down section and only used the front brake to stop and that seems to have helped.

The 200mm rt86s are pretty soft rotors in that they bend easy, are hell to straighten and a handful of brake at speed seems to help iron out the ting tings. I'm not hard on my gear either.

I will go for the soild unfashionable SLX ones next time.