What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
100 x Shimano ferrules and 2.1m 1.2mm Optislick cable arrived today in preparation for my new 10sp XT shifter which is arriving tomorrow (thanks @Lucaw)!

I realised I didn't buy the full housing and cable version, just the cable but hey ho, it feels... slick.
I thought you bought cable outer?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
100 x Shimano ferrules and 2.1m 1.2mm Optislick cable arrived today in preparation for my new 10sp XT shifter which is arriving tomorrow (thanks @Lucaw)!

I realised I didn't buy the full housing and cable version, just the cable but hey ho, it feels... slick.
Drill holes in the end of some ferrules and thread them over the cable. You're welcome.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just run a few laps of good quality electrical tape over your cable inner @HamboCairns. Make sure it is the insulated type and you'll be sweet. It's heaps more flexible than traditional outer. I used to do it on my long travel bikes so I could weave the cable through the various movable pivot parts that make up a big travel dh frame.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Ouch! You're right, that is not coming good. You'd have to be fretting some insane guitar chords to use that brake lever now. :(

Having ridden Pins in the wet before and headbutting a tree, nothing gets me riding that in slippery conditions. Crusher was fine but still more lively than usual.

I know some work was done on Fall Line. It that is so choppy now. Still good fun as always.
Yerp, Pins is probably my favourite Red Hill trail in the dry. In the wet however... I like how the maintenance for Fall Line is seemingly concentrated on keeping the corners awesome and just leaving the straight bits to "evolve" over time.
I did something similar to my Code lever, basically turned it into a J shape. I bent it back by slipping the end of a wrench over it and just using leverage, after placing a wooden block between the lever and handlebar to act as brace.
Couldn't bend it all the way back to straight, but fixed it enough that I'm no longer in the hunt for a new blade and it hasn't given my any dramas since.
I had a play last night and the metal is starting to become discoloured where the damage is. You know how when you bend a Redskin and it gets lighter and weird looking? Basically the same thing.

However I also tracked down a replacement lever which has a promised arrival date of late June.... so its wrench and save me a spot in the Confessions thread time.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Just spent the last few days arguing with GG about the snapped chain stay. They want me to pay for a new one. It was the original version on my bike which had a heap of failures so they redesigned it and happy days.
heaps of folks have snapped the old ones and gotten new one’s gratis.
My bike just turned 4 years old. Because “of its age” they feel it’s wear and tear even though it’s a known issue and they had to redesign it. Yes I’ve abused that bike and ridden it hard. Won’t lie. But their original chainstay was a dud. I’m surprised it didn’t bust earlier.
All I’ve gotten so far is their ridiculous Bill and Teds rad stoked dude speak.
I’m very unimpressed and even if they offered me an amazing deal on a carbon frame I’m not interested.
Pity as their bikes are fucking great.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Just spent the last few days arguing with GG about the snapped chain stay. They want me to pay for a new one. It was the original version on my bike which had a heap of failures so they redesigned it and happy days.
heaps of folks have snapped the old ones and gotten new one’s gratis.
My bike just turned 4 years old. Because “of its age” they feel it’s wear and tear even though it’s a known issue and they had to redesign it. Yes I’ve abused that bike and ridden it hard. Won’t lie. But their original chainstay was a dud. I’m surprised it didn’t bust earlier.
All I’ve gotten so far is their ridiculous Bill and Teds rad stoked dude speak.
I’m very unimpressed and even if they offered me an amazing deal on a carbon frame I’m not interested.
Pity as their bikes are fucking great.
At least it's not your only bike and before a trip away. Thank god for a miracle welder recommendation.

Jpez

Down on the left!
At least it's not your only bike and before a trip away. Thank god for a miracle welder recommendation.
It’s my only full squish bike.
Well I do have a race in a month.
Know any good welders?

From every cloud comes a silver lining though. Might have myself a brand new frame sooner than later.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Know any good welders?

From every cloud comes a silver lining though. Might have myself a brand new frame sooner than later.
Yep, but he's in Toowoomba QLD. But if you want me to ask I can see if he'd weld it up?

moorey

call me Mia
Know any good welders?

I can see you on that stunning Pyga. Good pick up.