What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Maintenance and beer night.

Ztto remote installed. Could be my imagination (or the beers) but it seems like I have gained some dropper travel

Also noticed the shifter cable strands were breaking at the clamp screw on the derailleur, so put a new cable in the shifter too.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
20km long loop at Sparrow. Froze my arse off - it failed to warm up at under the trees….
Haven't been over there in ages; are they still logging compartments with trails or is it possible to get a decent ride in?

Kowen seems ok if you include that exposed newly planted bit.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Haven't been over there in ages; are they still logging compartments with trails or is it possible to get a decent ride in?

Kowen seems ok if you include that exposed newly planted bit.
Been well over a year since ive been there, and there are a bunch of trails missing for sure... I reckon half of Sparrow is gone, but they've made an effort to reroute the loops with what's left and still have a decent loop.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Not wanting to make an FB fuss. Not a banshee fault. It’s had a good life and done a lot of KM. Freak thing. They almost never break. Never seen that happen.
Erm, weren't those [EDIT - early V2's] with that curved-plate style of brace somewhat well known for doing it? Seen a few pics of them cracked at the top-tube in the same way. I thought that was why they updated to the later style tubular bracing?

Regardless, it's lived a good life, done countless km's and luckily didn't fail on you when doing anything dangerous. That's a win in my book.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Erm, weren't those V1's with that curved-plate style of brace somewhat well known for doing it? Seen a few pics of them cracked at the top-tube in the same way. I though that was why they updated to the later style tubular bracing?

Regardless, it's lived a good life, done countless km's and luckily didn't fail on you when doing anything dangerous. That's a win in my book.
V2, and nope AFAIK.

And yes. :)

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Refreshed sealant in the tires. Also tuned the mech, dropped the pressure in the shock to do the bscrew in sag, went to pump it back up so I could take a ride in this beautiful weather.....shock pump is in the car, wife has car at work....

Ferk:(

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Fitted a slightly burlier fork to the Vice Captain's bike. Only a slight upgrade, just an un-ridden fork with fatter legs and a lockout dial. Plus, it was free as it was going in the bin anyway.

Also down graded my wheels back to the Mavic's. I'll save the fancy wheels for the big events. There's some significant child-related expenses coming and I know I won't have the resources to replace the carbon if I break them.