What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Rode in the rain yesterday on boring gravel paths, made my own fun by blasting through puddles whilst trying to manual (a laughable attempt).
Today I cleaned up my "workshop" aka shed of shame. Put most things away in boxes, meaning next time I need the thing that I know is on the bench... Damn.

Minlak

custom titis
Rode in the rain yesterday on boring gravel paths, made my own fun by blasting through puddles whilst trying to manual (a laughable attempt).
Today I cleaned up my "workshop" aka shed of shame. Put most things away in boxes, meaning next time I need the thing that I know is on the bench... Damn.
I am going to pull everything out of my shed and it can’t go back inside unless it goes where it should be - it’s such a mess and I just keep adding to it. As soon as there is an empty flat spot that’s where the next thing I buy lives :)

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We were down the beach, and Sue offered to drop me off at the top of Arthurs Seat, so I could ride Red Hill... ha ha, I wimped out, knowing that it would be young gun city, and like Bourke St.

So, super slack beach foreshore ride, with some fun single track, some sandy stuff, some along the beach at the waters edge.... serene weather and the dogs at the dog beaches were great to see.

Here's a Beach Bike On Tree...

moorey

call me Mia
It was raining at 10pm when ride was confirmed. Rain stopped overnight. Was a cracking clear morning.
I wish I could say the same for King of Ballarat coming up in 6 days. :(

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It was raining at 10pm when ride was confirmed. Rain stopped overnight. Was a cracking clear morning.
I wish I could say the same for King of Ballarat coming up in 6 days. :(
Wet all week..... I might put the mud tyres on.

moorey

call me Mia
Wet all week..... I might put the mud tyres on.
One thing though….Quinn’s spitty is now running 27.5. I’d left the 26 dropout on…because 27.5 wheel fits, and it keeps the bike shorter….but in the claggy mud last night, it risked clogging up around the CS yolk. Time to swap.
TLDR, OK.

Labcanary

I am going to pull everything out of my shed and it can’t go back inside unless it goes where it should be - it’s such a mess and I just keep adding to it. As soon as there is an empty flat spot that’s where the next thing I buy lives :)
My kitchen bench is in a similar state.
One thing though….Quinn’s spitty is now running 27.5. I’d left the 26 dropout on…because 27.5 wheel fits, and it keeps the bike shorter….but in the claggy mud last night, it risked clogging up around the CS yolk. Time to swap.
TLDR, OK.
Mini mullet, 27.5" front with 26" rear for the race?
Good to know 27.5" fits in the 26" dropouts - what rim and tyre combo?

moorey

call me Mia
My kitchen bench is in a similar state.

Mini mullet, 27.5" front with 26" rear for the race?
Good to know 27.5" fits in the 26" dropouts - what rim and tyre combo?
My rune wouldn't ever take 27.5, even with 2.3 tyres. Both my spitties were fine with 2.4 tyre and 26 dropouts (2013/14 models, can't vouch for later ones). Quinn currently running Hope Hoops (flow mk3) with 2.4 DHR2. I have 27.5 dropouts for it, just hadn't bothered until I saw this claggy Black Hill mud clogging it up.

Labcanary

My rune wouldn't ever take 27.5, even with 2.3 tyres. Both my spitties were fine with 2.4 tyre and 26 dropouts (2013/14 models, can't vouch for later ones). Quinn currently running Hope Hoops (flow mk3) with 2.4 DHR2. I have 27.5 dropouts for it, just hadn't bothered until I saw this claggy Black Hill mud clogging it up.
For shits and giggles I might see if my 2017/2018 Spitfire can take 27.5" wheels in 26" dropouts.
Heh, Black Hill mud, I didn't clean Mr 5's bike after Mini Muddies. It has become one with the bike!

moorey

call me Mia
For shits and giggles I might see if my 2017/2018 Spitfire can take 27.5" wheels in 26" dropouts.
Heh, Black Hill mud, I didn't clean Mr 5's bike after Mini Muddies. It has become one with the bike!
If you don’t clean immediately, forget it.
I reckon you’ll be fine with spitty.
Wasn’t the chain stays or yolk? It was the brace things. Seem to run closer on Rune.

Labcanary

If you don’t clean immediately, forget it.
I reckon you’ll be fine with spitty.
Wasn’t the chain stays or yolk? It was the brace things. Seem to run closer on Rune.
View attachment 376707
Chain stays are the tubing from bottom bracket to axle so maybe yoke. I assume the yoke connects shock to rear triangle.
Whatever the bracing is called, it's a PITA to clean after a muddy ride!