What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Confirmed yesterday that my chain is fucked. Discovered that the new 12 speed links don't behave like the older style links.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The best tyre I’ve run on my hardtail ever. They hold 70psi and still grip the dirt as well.
Maxxis Torch are similar. They're a bastard to setup tubeless though (probably because they're not meant to be! But they do hold air well if you can get the bead to seat...)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Rode my now turned into a trail bike Titan. Full air suspension and a near slick rear tyre and mullet. Topaz shock surprised me the most. Carpark test felt uninspiring compared to the coil but on trail it holds its own and in some ways is better than the coil..more testing needed on this, did not expect it to be so compliant and supportive.

Definitely a reduction in rear braking grip but fuck me it picks up speed with that tyre (Kenda Helldiver Pro). This is coming off a DH34 BTW. Fun ride.
PXL_20210905_035938326~2.jpg

Scotty675

Cable thief
Rode my now turned into a trail bike Titan. Full air suspension and a near slick rear tyre and mullet. Topaz shock surprised me the most. Carpark test felt uninspiring compared to the coil but on trail it holds its own and in some ways is better than the coil..more testing needed on this, did not expect it to be so compliant and supportive.

Definitely a reduction in rear braking grip but fuck me it picks up speed with that tyre (Kenda Helldiver Pro). This is coming off a DH34 BTW. Fun ride.
View attachment 379819
I’m tossing up trying these or stick to rock razor. They look good. Kenda now cover all bases with there tyre selection

ausdb

Being who he is
Good work. That's the complete opposite to our local council. Every morning they have been down at a local park flattening the jumps the kids have made, then every afternoon after 'school' the kids are back building it bigger and better with multiple runs sizes etc. When I was there on Friday with Mr 10 there would have been about 40 kids on the shovels...the bobcat has softened up the soil nicely to work with.

That sucks big time, good on the kids for having a crack at it tho. A few kids helped yesterday but the majority helped by constantly sending it even whilst we were trying to compact it.
Have you made contact with any of the councillors in the area, I wasn't the main organiser of ours but another dad made contact with the councillors in our ward and got them on side first.
Unfortunately all councils are different, a friend in another suburb had a similar experience to yours. Her kids and others started building some jumps in some bushland next to a park and the council kept shutting it down. In the end the council fenced the area off and put up signs saying there was an asbestos hazard. So she contacted the council as a resident asking what and where the hazard is and they won't give her a straight answer.....

ausdb

Being who he is
I took the boy down to the park this arvo for a few runs and to see how our creation is holding up. It looks like there's been a few riders over it and we need to put down some more limestone at the base of the berm. There's also a b-line starting over the end of the berm, I don't think we've got that shaped quite right yet. There was even a five year old rolling over it ok on a 16" bike.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
My boss cajoled me into bringing my roadie to work for a lunch ride.
Glad I did, but it was hard, I'm so bike unfit. All of the mtb I've been doing recently hasn't helped my road legs either.
Have decided to leave it at work and leave my riding gear in the car in case I want to ride during the week and take it home on weekends to ride.

Also sold my old Trek hardtail so some more funds for some decent trail threads

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^ oh , yeah .
That’s why I’m riding my Fatbike , it’s making me work , but I like the bike appear to be ‘ Fat ‘ hahaha