What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Is the damper service something they have a video for. Haven’t tackled it yet.
There is a couple on line but I didn't see one from Suntour. It was surprisingly easy you don't even have to drop the lowers if you don't want to.

1. Let air out
  2. Undo foot nut on damper side
  3. Find grooves under black dial and gently lever up
  4. Catch blue dial before it falls on the floor
  5. 27mm socket to get the damper out
  6. Where the black tube meets the silver unscrew, mine was hand tight.
  7. Pour oil into container
  8. Pour new oil in half in each side
  9. Screw back together and cycle to get air out
  10. Reinstall damper.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
With the 10k bizzo, I had planned to ride some of Silvan, but spent the weekend on the tools working on the house... so feeling pretty sore from drop-sawing, hammering, nail punching, getting up and down a thousand times... I pulled the pin mid the avo, and then had a ride on a bike... OK, the bike had no actual pedals, but it's still a bike. Not all my fun times B roads are in range, but enough to get up it a bit. No tourists either, so that was sweet. Then washed it when I got home with a beer in hand.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
There is a couple on line but I didn't see one from Suntour. It was surprisingly easy you don't even have to drop the lowers if you don't want to.

1. Let air out
  2. Undo foot nut on damper side
  3. Find grooves under black dial and gently lever up
  4. Catch blue dial before it falls on the floor
  5. 27mm socket to get the damper out
  6. Where the black tube meets the silver unscrew, mine was hand tight.
  7. Pour oil into container
  8. Pour new oil in half in each side
  9. Screw back together and cycle to get air out
  10. Reinstall damper.
What weight oil did you use and how much in each side?
I’ve had the damper out before to check it so I’ve got the first 5 steps covered. Reckon the rest sound fine to but should probably get correct weight oil.
Cheers

Litenbror

Eats Squid
What weight oil did you use and how much in each side?
I’ve had the damper out before to check it so I’ve got the first 5 steps covered. Reckon the rest sound fine to but should probably get correct weight oil.
Cheers
Probably should but I just used some 5w Fox fork oil. They recommend 2.5w so will see how it feels, someone chime in if I'm going to damage the damper. I caught the oil in a container and measured it then replaced with the same amount (52ml). You put about half in each side then quickly screw back together, it's a single chamber once together so it's just about not spilling it.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Very arty in B&W… develop them at home?
Yep, at home, on the sofa with the tablet ;)

But seriously, I would love to print my own images, but I'm a bit time poor. The poor old DSLR hasn't seen the light of day for 18 months, let alone trying to do that with a film camera. These were taken with my phone and processed with Snapseed. Timing is ever so slightly off with the first pic, but there was a bit of lag compared to an actual camera, and he'd done a few laps by then.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The poor old DSLR hasn't seen the light of day for 18 months, let alone trying to do that with a film camera.
I bought a good camera in about 2014, a Sony RX1. The missus was taking pictures on the Flinders Outback Epic and set it on the rear spare on her Prado to deal with a pair of unruly kids.

Next thing she had lost it, drove around the Flinders between water stops for 150km looking for it. It had fell down the back of the spare tyre bracket and stayed there for 150km of bulldust while she looked for it.

Lens mechanism was full of bulldust and the camera never worked again.

It took awesome pictures, was just to delicate for our lifestyle.

Telephones these days are as good as we need.

My S21 takes 108MP photos, the fckn things are too big for any media platform. Nice pics, just too big... especially for here.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Finished my Thursday night loop, 8 months and 2 days later.

Didn’t completely miss my line over the jump and crash this time, although it wasn’t as comfortable as I would have liked.

View attachment 380446

View attachment 380447

Good to be fit and concussion free and riding again.
Jeebuz - that's a long stint out of action. Glad you're finally able to get back out!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
After clocking up +200km in the last two weeks, I think I've hurt myself from not stretching. Or the 100x 50kg squats I did a week ago. Or both.

Lower back pain, leading to Sciatic nerve pain on right leg, tight outer quads on right leg ,all the muscles joining my right knee are hard and effed and shin muscles all effed, sore right ankle.

Probs gonna have to see an osteo.

Been going through the Voltaren, had an hour long Epsom salt bath which was amazing for the pain,but back to pain today.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
After clocking up +200km in the last two weeks, I think I've hurt myself from not stretching. Or the 100x 50kg squats I did a week ago. Or both.

Lower back pain, leading to Sciatic nerve pain on right leg, tight outer quads on right leg ,all the muscles joining my right knee are hard and effed and shin muscles all effed, sore right ankle.

Probs gonna have to see an osteo.

Been going through the Voltaren, had an hour long Epsom salt bath which was amazing for the pain,but back to pain today.
How is your squat form? Are you 100% sure it's perfect? I'd also look at doing some hip flexor strengthening exercises. It is amazing how often back issues, and all the flow on problems, are due to hip flexor weakness.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
How is your squat form? Are you 100% sure it's perfect? I'd also look at doing some hip flexor strengthening exercises. It is amazing how often back issues, and all the flow on problems, are due to hip flexor weakness.
My hip flexors are weak as at the moment - any suggestions?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
How is your squat form? Are you 100% sure it's perfect? I'd also look at doing some hip flexor strengthening exercises. It is amazing how error often back issues, and all the flow on problems, are due to hip flexor weakness.
Form is reasonable. Using a smith machine. Just never knocked out 100 in a sesh.

Been stretching flexors since. But I have a bad habit of not streching/warming up or cooling down in anything I've been doing.