What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Didn’t ride yesterday and wasn’t expecting to get out this weekend but my BIL was heading out so I got a pass to tag along!
Not in the best shape so walked a little of the uphills, but the 15mm I put my seatpost up last week makes a world of difference. Feels more efficient, knees are less sore. Wrists are a bit sore but will get used to that. Makes the front end less vague uphill too.
Also working on consciously weight the front on the downhills so I avoid issues with the front washing out on me.
Only downside today was the dappled light so couldn’t see anything half the time. I need some sunnies with a top rim rather than frameless, shame the LBS didn’t get the Sutro Lites I asked them about

As the little ones were up at 530, think I’ll stick some more PSI in the tyres and take the eldest out for a ride later while the youngest has a nap, give the wife some downtime

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I forgot to mention the best thing about riding today - All the grom’s furrowed brows while they tried to work out what I was riding! :p

All the bling parts were catching their attention, then they were left stumped when they tried to scope the brand!

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got out for a few hours on trail at the local. The place was conveniently empty! It was supposed to piss down rain all day, and looked like it was going too. Rode some dusty trails and jumps for a fee hours and then the lightening came. Hit the homeward trail and down the road to home. I was almost here before the rain got me.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are the You Yangs ram by national parks? They won't put any practical facilities (toilets, bbq, bins, shelter, carpark) in at our local, something about not trusting the locals...which isn't unfair. A lot of rubbish gets dumped at the locked gate.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Are the You Yangs ram by national parks? They won't put any practical facilities (toilets, bbq, bins, shelter, carpark) in at our local, something about not trusting the locals...which isn't unfair. A lot of rubbish gets dumped at the locked gate.
ParksVic.

It’s relatively well maintained these days. I don’t think there’s a lot of choice anymore with it being so heavily used. There’s a car park and facilities rework coming at some stage in the future too.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
At my local, due to a couple of bouts of high winds and rainfall, the flow on one of my favourite downhill bits, has been interrupted for many weeks. I had hoped the lone arrangers would do the necessary chainsawery bizzo, but alas, I think they are busy with real actual problems… like clearing roads, restoring power, etc. Who sets these priorities, I ask?

Anyway, yet again on todays ride at the local, it was still flowus interruptus.

But this evening, I went for a walk (it’s just wrong, I know) and came across the good work of a trail fairy. He/She/It had magically targeted the exact area of flow concern and after making good, by restoring the missing flow… disappeared.

I didn’t even get a chance to thank He/She/It.

Flowus Restorus.

this avo...

this evening...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
ParksVic.

It’s relatively well maintained these days. I don’t think there’s a lot of choice anymore with it being so heavily used. There’s a car park and facilities rework coming at some stage in the future too.
Cheers mate, had to get the selfie rock out haha.
Time for my patent lawyer to give you a call...

#selfierock never fails.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Took the full crew out to Harcourt for a spin and to try the new helmets. #1 son showed me up on track 8 on his hardtail whilst I chickened out on a few spots. Had a nap in a blackberry bush later in the day trying to go fast. Was hard to get any rest with all the laughing from the two boys tho.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Pulled the wheel out to fix the ding from last week so I could run it tubeless again. Fixed the dent and fitted an insert I had and inflated it. While checking it had beaded properly I found the dent I'd meant to fix... So pulled the tyre off again and fixed the OTHER dent and refitted tyre. Now of course the insert doesn't want to go in this time! Fiiiiinally got it all together. Beaded it, after my fixing my Airshot which decided to suddenly start pissing out air at 100psi, but found the tyre also had a hole in it too. Didn't look bad so filled it with sealant which wouldn't seal it so then had to plug it and fuck around getting it to take up. All done finally I fitted the wheel back and thought "Something isn't right here" Yep, I fitted the tyre on backwards. I'm not going through it all again so I hope a Dissector is as good backwards as it is "forwards". This should probably be in the Fuckwits thread now I think about it....