What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Headed out to the Youies after nightshift and best myself up on the hardtail.

Added a Tomahawk that I've had in the parts bin for probably around 4 years to trail it up a little, but still be fast rolling for rides around home. Slick! But good fun.

Bit of a BBQ to wrap things up... (Flame suit on! :p)
View attachment 383693

View attachment 383694
How far back from the bbq are you standing? You look about jockey size.

Except for Tha enormous gorgeous head.

crash3

Likes Dirt
I haven't been back since the fires, only Super Bowl. Is Coondoo much the same post-rebuild? I think they said they were planning some improvements.
Only ever ridden Super Bowl before sorry mate. I could see some changed lines but not sure how old.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Forgot to post last night. Rocked up to Bright sat arvo, dumped the bags and did a couple of pedal laps. A nice 14k/400m warm up. Woke up yesterday and did the same before shuttles started. Couple laps before the first shuttle bus. Hit the first bus and followed a guy old enough to know better. Watched him chuck a pretty sick big air whip on a table then watched him hit the wall ride. And I mean hit it. Somehow at full Mach chicken he hit the wall full vertical and slid down in a crumpled mess. Get over the table and he’s tangled up in the bike so stop and extricate him and he appears generally ok although I imagine he’s got some pretty impressive bruises today. Very very lucky the speed he was going.
Managed 40km/800 elevation over the day.
One of those perfect days! So good.
Forgot to get a pretty picture as I was too busy riding and frothing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Forgot to post last night. Rocked up to Bright sat arvo, dumped the bags and did a couple of pedal laps. A nice 14k/400m warm up. Woke up yesterday and did the same before shuttles started. Couple laps before the first shuttle bus. Hit the first bus and followed a guy old enough to know better. Watched him chuck a pretty sick big air whip on a table then watched him hit the wall ride. And I mean hit it. Somehow at full Mach chicken he hit the wall full vertical and slid down in a crumpled mess. Get over the table and he’s tangled up in the bike so stop and extricate him and he appears generally ok although I imagine he’s got some pretty impressive bruises today. Very very lucky the speed he was going.
Managed 40km/800 elevation over the day.
One of those perfect days! So good.
Forgot to get a pretty picture as I was too busy riding and frothing.
Is that the wall ride at the top in the 2 sets of 3 tables? Might be different as it was quite a few years ago that I was there. I had a couple of very half arsed attempts to make it work and just couldn't pull it all together at the time. Those jumps were a lot of fun though!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is that the wall ride at the top in the 2 sets of 3 tables? Might be different as it was quite a few years ago that I was there. I had a couple of very half arsed attempts to make it work and just couldn't pull it all together at the time. Those jumps were a lot of fun though!
Yeah that’s the one. I’ve never even considered it. Way beyond my skill and commitment level.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I remember it being steeper...which is probably just my memory being biased. In hind sight I'm sure it was just my technique and being focused more on the speed for those jumps. Perhaps if I had slowed it down a bit and came in on an angle wanting to ride the wall rather than going somewhat straight and trying the maneuver my bike out from under me and onto the wall things would have been different.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Wheel/tyre masher #2 son asked me if we could look at his rear wheel this week in case we get to Tassie.

I had a hour or two free this morning so went and had a look. Needed another a new rim FFS.

Done a rim to rim spoke transplant and 32 new DT Swiss brass nipples.

This is now the 4th rim on this wheel/hub, started life as a Raceface and has now had 3 WTB i35 asymmetric rims fitted.
It was so badly dented and straightened it no longer held tubeless and 30 of the 32 nipples didn't even want to leave the rim cavity as there was probably 250g of sealant in there holding them in place.

He's been running 1.5kg wire bead Schwalbe bikepark tyres at nearly 50psi lately, reckons they are the magic solution :oops:

Not even worth me fitting a cushcore as he'll be back in 1 hour with a torn sidewall.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Wheel/tyre masher #2 son asked me if we could look at his rear wheel this week in case we get to Tassie.

I had a hour or two free this morning so went and had a look. Needed another a new rim FFS.

This is now the 4th rim on this wheel/hub, started life as a Raceface and has now had 3 WTB i35 asymmetric rims fitted.
It was so badly dented and straightened it no longer held tubeless and 30 of the 32 nipples didn't even want to leave the rim cavity as there was probably 250g of sealant in there holding them in place.

He's been running 1.5kg wire bead Schwalbe bikepark tyres at nearly 50psi lately, reckons they are the magic solution :oops:

Not even worth me fitting a cushcore as he'll be back in 1 hour with a torn sidewall.

View attachment 383705

View attachment 383704
He needs a DT FR560.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

He needs a DT FR560.
He does ! but those WTB rims were on sale at CRC for about $50 each and I picked up a 3rd from Bike24 for around the same, they were Asymmetric and the same ERD as the RaceFace rims that were on there.

The idea was to swap the set out but the front RF is still good, hes just busted the back a few times.

They are a discontinued rim in that shape and ERD so he will be getting new rims and spokes next time.

Flow-Rider

Burner

View attachment 383705

View attachment 383704
Those kids will never leave home, they would be crazy to. :D

ozzybmx

This is for the weight weenies out there... Getting El' Reigno ready for DH runs this weekend.. backwheel felt a bit hefty...
DH casing magic Mary
Yeah the Magic Mary bike park tyres #2 is running are 1.5kg... he has actually nearly worn one out before destroying it.

Soft compound but at $30 a tyre, they are easily bought. Even with a wire bead, they set up tubeless easily.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I rode mine...I rode it on dirt. I rode it on rocks. I rode it on that wierd plastic type stuff that makes good trail. I rode up and down some stairs. I rode it on the light rail track. And I rode it over he harbour bridge.

It was a good day. Topped off with a Brazilian style dinner. This was a crocodile sausage that broke up as it was pulled from the skewer. It was delicious.

bobob

Has $20
The RF rims were made from old melted coke cans. Soft as butter. Cheap from crc tho. Buy some dt 471/511 and see if it's the same...