What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Which part of the park did you ride? (Or trails if you remember the names/numbers?)

But yeah, it can be a punishing ride when it's hot and humid.
Made some uneducated guesses on which way to go, discovering that going up 7 is very wrong…

I’m still a bit chicken post crash and the big rocks are a bit intimidating!!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Made some uneducated guesses on which way to go, discovering that going up 7 is very wrong…

I’m still a bit chicken post crash and the big rocks are a bit intimidating!!
Haha, yeah that’s a bit of a whoopsie!

If you head back through Melbourne again give us a hoi and we’ll try to arrange a guided tour.

Haakon

Going up 7 is a very bad idea. Blind corners and rock rock gardens….you’re likely to cop a bike face first at high speed.
Yeah I was certainly keeping an ear out for descending bikes! But the signs at the bottom give you that distance and certainly didn’t say it was one way, so I was a bit confused… What are the routes up? The fire roads?

But I was literally the only one in the whole park at the end… Too hot and humid for sensible people.

Steep descents on rocks isn’t my favourite thing.

beeb

Yeah I was certainly keeping an ear out for descending bikes! But the signs at the bottom give you that distance and certainly didn’t say it was one way, so I was a bit confused… What are the routes up? The fire roads?

But I was literally the only one in the whole park at the end… Too hot and humid for sensible people.

Steep descents on rocks isn’t my favourite thing.
Trav’s (Track 7) It is technically a two-way trail, as is Lactic Acid (Track 6), but it’s very rare to find anyone climbing either.

Like @moorey says it’s pretty much Rockwell or the fire-roads heading up.

Buuuuut… What trails did do you descend? And on what bike? :)

Jpez

Down on the left!
Trav’s (Track 7) It is technically a two-way trail, as is Lactic Acid (Track 6), but it’s very rare to find anyone climbing either.
At 7pm when most people are watching the evening news when you usually ride sure but at peak hour on a Sunday there’s still a few people that go up. Enough that I’ve nearly had a few head on encounters with. Yes this is a bug bear of mine and I’ve said it before. It should be made 1 way now that speeds have crept up on it.
BTW. I climbed UP Boulder last Friday night when everyone had gone home. AND enjoyed it! Weird hey.

beeb

At 7pm when most people are watching the evening news when you usually ride sure but at peak hour on a Sunday there’s still a few people that go up. Enough that I’ve nearly had a few head on encounters with. Yes this is a bug bear of mine and I’ve said it before. It should be made 1 way now that speeds have crept up on it.
BTW. I climbed UP Boulder last Friday night when everyone had gone home. AND enjoyed it! Weird hey.
Luckily I don’t descend fast enough for it to be an issue. :p

Haakon

Like @moorey says it’s pretty much Rockwell or the fire-roads heading up.

Buuuuut… What trails did do you descend? And on what bike? :)
Think I went down lactic and cressey on the Orange. Probably rolled most things given I’d basically not ridden them before!