What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Assuming the SIDs are at 120, how are you going with pedal strikes @Isaakk
They are indeed. Not too bad.. better than expected, especially given 175mm cranks. Would like to get an extra 10mm out of the SIDs.. cut down bottom out bumper maybe, but definitely hacky.

As always with first rides, had a shopping list by the end of it haha. Oversized pins for OneUp dropper, shorter stem, wider bars, smaller vol spacer for shock, wheels, tyres.. it never ends.

Last edited:

crash3

Likes Dirt
Took miss 2 out on the old hardtail/macride setup around the block. Thank god she likes being on the bike, I'm finding I'm in a much worse mood on days I don't get on the bike at all.

Is this an addiction?

Also gave the t7 a proper wash after Thursday's mud-fest, with the help of miss 2.

Just now come in from the shed defeated from trying to move that BB spacer over to the non drive side of the crank to stop the creaking - apparently my BB cap removal tool doesn't fit. I got the 3d printer working tonight and have found a CAD file of what i hope is the appropriate tool, so I'll print that tomorrow and hopefully get that sorted in time for a ride on Monday before work.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Took the Ripley out for the first proper outing. Rides like an absolute dream. Aspen/Rekon tyre combo definitely not enough, going to need to add some weight with something more suited I think. Oh, and boost wheels - the chainline is awful with a 3mm spacer lol.

View attachment 383859
Good to see even more trails going in on your network. Pretty damn fine, as a local, and definitely worth a visit from any mainlanders heading down on the ferry.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I served venison steaks in a stroganoff style sauce as the main one Christmas. Fuck that was a good meal! It blew a few minds and supe gran asked for hers to get another lick in the pan to "well done".

Maybe roast rabbit this Easter?
Mum does a Morrocan style roast rabbit with (IIRC) almonds, sultanas, a little orange water and some spices. It is ridiculously delicious. I highly recommend it!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Mum does a Morrocan style roast rabbit with (IIRC) almonds, sultanas, a little orange water and some spices. It is ridiculously delicious. I highly recommend it!
That sounds pretty good.

Made some pheasant inquires yesterday through a few chefs and a supplier. It isn't going to be easy to get and most dealers require a fair lead time. There's one local retailer that does game and it isn't listed on their site. But chicken is among their game birds. I might have to see if I can get some delivered to work and be working that day or face the chance of "nah dude...never turned up" or "yeah there it is next to the coffee machine. It came in yesterday. What is it?"

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
During the rains the last 2 weeks I stripped and serviced everything on the bike. 1.5 hours into the first ride, put my foot off the pedal and I think it got caught a little on a rock and the pins hit the back of my leg. Looked down and could see was white and no blood. 6 hours in a hospital and 9 stitches later. Also get my new 5-10's delivered today...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
During the rains the last 2 weeks I stripped and serviced everything on the bike. 1.5 hours into the first ride, put my foot off the pedal and I think it got caught a little on a rock and the pins hit the back of my leg. Looked down and could see was white and no blood. 6 hours in a hospital and 9 stitches later. Also get my new 5-10's delivered today...

View attachment 383899
Fark, that's a ripper...

Always scarier when it doesn't bleed.

Heal up mate. Muscles/tedons okay presumably?

Minlak

custom titis
I have a before picture if people want to see it?

The dude next to me in the surgery had tried to run up the opposite way on escalator while wearing thongs. The bottom half of his toe didnt clear one of the steps.
There is a thread for this and people can choose to go in there or not - Instead of randomly scrolling past carnage

Flow-Rider

Burner

View attachment 383899
Hope you heal up well.
That's why I don't like running long pedal pins, I gashed the front of shin about 12 years ago.