What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

moorey

call me Mia
Talking about DWN.CUNTY, ordered late on the 23rd, shipped 25th, delivered 28th - 5 days from Italy with UPS from LordGun.

Got a few things to do this afternoon then a quick fit up and ride.

View attachment 387696
Serious Q…what makes a DC tyre DC? Weight of these is on par with EXO Maxxis. Tread is similar grip v rolling compromise to many other tyres.
Am I being anything other than cynical to think it’s just trendy marketing?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Serious Q…what makes a DC tyre DC? Weight of these is on par with EXO Maxxis. Tread is similar grip v rolling compromise to many other tyres.
Am I being anything other than cynical to think it’s just trendy marketing?
First of all I like Vittoria tyres, I have ran them for years as an XC tyre and I have never had a tyre failure unlike Maxxis and Michelin.

Actually looking for Mazza's and Martello's for quite a few months now too.

They are 4 compound tyres rather than 3 or 2.

They have bigger side knobs and an extra layer of pinch flat protection over the pure XC models.

It sits right between XC and trail and are definitely beefier than the 2.35 Vittoria Barzos I'm running on my Spur.

They only come in 1 size, 29 x 2.4, so you'll have to stick to Maxxis Ardents in the meantime ;)

Yeah maybe a bit of cool-aid-wank-trendy-marketing but they have been getting great reviews so far.

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
WDYDTWFYBT:

Yesterday actually.

Did some work on brother in law's Norco Sight.
Initially I was supposed to only shorten brake hoses and replace inner/outer cables for dropper and rear derailleur but things kind of escalated.
Due to the weird routing of the rear brake I had to take the whole thing off to bleed it as it kept getting air bubbles caught in the bends. Success.
This particular Raceface Turbine dropper has a funky actuator quick connect set up. I didn't like it at first but it makes sense now and is kind of cool.

Then I noticed his chain was so worn that my chain wear tool maxed out at 1
@moorey loaned me a not so worn chain until a new one arrived (see CRC thread, record breaking delivery time). New chain on and everything is sweet.
Thought I'd better check sealant and it was bone dry, so topped that up.
If I get a chance I'll probably give the forks a lowers service too.
The cables are still a little long but not nearly as crazy as they were.

moorey

call me Mia
First of all I like Vittoria tyres, I have ran them for years as an XC tyre and I have never had a tyre failure unlike Maxxis and Michelin.

Actually looking for Mazza's and Martello's for quite a few months now too.

The are 4 compound rather than 3 or 2.

They have bigger side knobs and an extra layer of pinch flat protection.

It sits right between XC and trail and are definitely beefier than the 2.35 Vittoria Barzos I'm running on my Spur.

They only come in 1 size, 29 x 2.4, so you'll have to stick to Maxxis Ardents in the meantime ;)

Yeah maybe a bit of cool-aid-wank-trendy-marketing but they have been getting great reviews so far.

Fair enough.
I’ll be honest, I take any tyre review or recommendations with a pinch of salt until I’ve actually ridden them. Better riders than me love tyres that I can’t stand. There’s only 2 things I care about in a tyre.
  1. Predictably/consistency. I don’t mind if a tyre has some weaknesses, as long as I know when to expect them to let go. (I find minions hard to fault in this for general use)
  2. Reliability, without having to run a 1200g DH casing. I’m still primarily a trail rider, who just loves to race Gravity. The Wild Enduro are perfect for me with this. Felix killed his first ever on the weekend, after 3+ years of racing DH and enduro on them. All bets were off on that track though.

I digress though. Marketing hype shits me. Both DC and Enduro (without the timing) are just fancy names for what I’ve loved riding for 25 years. The new normal is to designate it a discipline that requires a different bike for each different ride. These tyres reek of that. Could be just me.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
  1. minions
  2. The Wild Enduro
There lies the difference.

Minions are an awesome tyre but I wont just slap a Minion on everything because I like the grip. I'm running 2 x DHR II MaxxGrip's on my Deviate right now and they are a good tyre for what I use the bike for.

The efficiency of travelling over terrain, rolling resistance, grip, durability, speed and tyre weight is a trade off with every tyre choice. I dont mind sacrificing a bit of descending speed/grip for a nicer rolling tyre that climbs well and feels spritely.

A lighter carcass with decent puncture protection, decent grip and somewhere in the 750g-850g range is what I want for this bike.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Talking about DWN.CUNTY, ordered late on the 23rd, shipped 25th, delivered 28th - 5 days from Italy with UPS from LordGun.

Got a few things to do this afternoon then a quick fit up and ride.

View attachment 387696
Meanwhile, my Slik graphics transfers were ordered 25th Jan, shipped 28th Jan and I'm still waiting for them.

I think they were thrown out of the window at the airport and I've no chance of getting them.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Meanwhile, my Slik graphics transfers were ordered 25th Jan, shipped 28th Jan and I'm still waiting for them.

I think they were thrown out of the window at the airport and I've no chance of getting them.
Their stuff always seemed to take several weeks even pre-COVID, which is a shame as the quality is excellent. I ordered some shock decals from them recently but chose to apply the “just forget I ordered them” mentality. They’ll be a nice surprise if/when they turn up.