What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 394359

A few weekends tinkering (shitty weather can be useful sometimes) and the little bin bird is coming together again. Still some tweaks with shifting to go, dropper post feels pretty sticky and I've decided to keep the Magic Marys on it owing to said weather.

Weirdly, in the deeply unscientific one arm lifting test it feels about as heavy as the Dreadnought.
Nice to see it ready to ride again! Far too nice a bike to sit unused.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Test ride then packed it.

Was stumped as my calculations had it at a smidge over 23kg... it was 23.7 :oops:

Take the full 'test ride' water bottle out ya turkey !

Bike 14.7 (14.8 after adding a gut full of sealant), bag 9.1 = 23.9

Removed pedals, chain and rotors, total bike bag weight of 23.11kg.

Could remove saddle and get it right under.

View attachment 394396

View attachment 394397
I'd pull the cranks off before I pulled the saddle. Otherwise I'd spend the whole holiday trying to get the saddle back where it felt right!

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Started working through fitting the collection of upgrade bits I've hoarded this year. Wheels, dropper, shifter and Shigura front brake. Got a bit of a bike boner doing the brake, it's taken me a while getting around to it.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to St Helens today so Yvonne could hang with her mum and I could go riding. @ozzybmx, trails mostly dry as this photo from Garnup show. A bit damp in some of the corners on See ya later. Yvonne and I are headed out to ride Dreaming Pools tomorrow so I will post a photo for you all to admire. Rode a hire bike today as I put my Trance up for sale and don't want to ride it too much.
20221111_150245 (FILEminimizer).jpg
New frame and everything but wheels are in the garage wating for me to start on it.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Planned to get deep into my Honzo build last night but realised I didn’t have any cable outers, so restickered the forks and fit them.
Got some outers and a new dropper cable this morning so might get some done later on.
Should hopefully get the Prime out for the first time in 4 weeks tomorrow morning too, looking forward to that!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Planned to get deep into my Honzo build last night but realised I didn’t have any cable outers, so restickered the forks and fit them.
Got some outers and a new dropper cable this morning so might get some done later on.
Should hopefully get the Prime out for the first time in 4 weeks tomorrow morning too, looking forward to that!
Hitting the Kalamunda social ride?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Unfortunately not, will likely be up there for 6 as I have a heap on tomorrow before heading away for the week on Monday. You heading up? Or you can join me early doors for a slow one!
Early ride sounds good, I can’t really afford half a day out at the social ride either. I’ll message you later to organise.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Can the same be said for white tyre Canyon rider? They have not got a spot dirt on them yet.
Doesn't matter as it looks f@*kin stunning up there.
That was one of my mates who was down for the last 2 days. Believe it or not, he did actually ride it! It's surprising how white they stayed!

And yes, I don't think we could have had better trail conditions for the weekend! So far... Could get a bit moist today I think.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Short one at Stromlo, came into the trail head area to end the ride, grabbed a handful of brake and my left hand slipped forward, coming off the bar and sending me over with the front wheel locking up and turning 90 degrees. Decent body slam, a bit bruised up and had to laugh with a good crowd there watching me stack on flat ground. Bike is fine.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Got out at the crack of dawn for a ride up at Kalamunda with @ashes_mtb
He put up with my multiple stops, huffing and waking up hills and general slow paced riding.
Was my first ride in a month, nice to head out with someone for a change!
Was nice to sneak an early spin in mate.

Your bike is insane. Thanks for letting me take it for a quick spin and realise how much I’m missing out on!

C327836A-499D-4BF4-AE53-A468B4C8B716.jpeg