What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Went for a morning ride with my friend who hasn't been on the trails for a while. I mentioned before that I cleaned up and upgraded his bike, he loved how it felt on the trails - the new tyres adding more bite in the corners and flat pedals with pins (he had the original plastic ones on before) helped keep his feet more secure.

IMG_3878.JPG

I swapped out his tired wire bead WTB Ranger 2.25 tyres for some virtually new Specialized Eliminator 2.35 front and Ground Control 2.3 rear tyres. Swapped his original plastic pedals for some metal pinned ones. I also did a bolt check (rear caliper bolt was loose!), adjusted his brakes and gear levers, removed the dork disk, degreased and lubed the chain, took the cassette off and degreased and tightened to spec. Lastly I used the WD40 tyre trick so make the wheels look fresh :)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Using manufacturer-supplied weights, the DT Swiss calculator spits out an estimated 1300g "naked" wheelset! :D They'll be super zippy!!
You should probably run tubes and 40psi for the full retro effect!
And people say it's difficult to get a good bleed on Hope brakes. Not with my 'easy' technique! :p
View attachment 400339
I assume you had placed the aura crystals appropriately around the room and wore your magnetic therapy bracelet during the process?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I assume you had placed the aura crystals appropriately around the room and wore your magnetic therapy bracelet during the process?
Well naturally! A couple of minor feng shui faux pars, but hopefully I will be okay. :p

beeb

Is the hammer for ‘tapping’ air out of the lines?
I actually used a rubber coated 8mm stubby Allen key on the calliper to shake loose the few bubbles that stick around the piston or in the crossover port, though I'll admit I looked at the hammer with just a touch of temptation... :p

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
And people say it's difficult to get a good bleed on Hope brakes. Not with my 'easy' technique!
View attachment 400339
I rode @Ultra Lord's V4s the other day, and fuck me, I was actually impressed with the bite of them. Apparently a proper bleed does wonders for Hope brakes.

(Saving a few hundred dollars and getting Cura 4s work too.)

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

beeb

I rode @Ultra Lord's V4s the other day, and fuck me, I was actually impressed with the bite of them. Apparently a proper bleed does wonders for Hope brakes.

(Saving a few hundred dollars and getting Cura 4s work too.)

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
I've honestly had no issues with them, internal routing and "downhill" parts of the hose routing can cause issues, but once bled right no dramas. These aren't the most outright powerful (Tech 3/E4's), but I do have a set of Tech 4/V4's set aside for future uses. ;)

cammas

Seamstress
Probably should put this in the confessions thread but I took the commuter aka the gravelburner off road today. Felt like going for a ride after being home crook all week I needed a ride so I loaded it up and went to Byers back track in Blackwood, let’s say it was interesting. I took a lie down in the ferns as it was a bit wet, I wasn’t paying attention and I had too much pressure in the tyres and another lie down after a rock jumped into my path. But after dropping the pressures and tilting my bars up a little it wasn’t too bad but I will wait until summer before I try it out there again.
IMG_8065.jpeg

IMG_8066.jpeg

That’s my arse print in those ferns about 2 meters below the trail, it was a bit of an effort to haul my barge arse back up to the trail.

IMG_8064.jpeg