What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Picked up the shocks from MTB Suspension Centre. Needed the IFP fixed on the RP23 which oozed out the magic brown goop.

Turned the ex Transition shock into a 5010 shock with custom tune and a 5mm space destroking.

The Jimny started coughing again. The new pcv valve grommet has split already. Got another one to try. Whoever said that they don't make stuff like they used to is spot on.

20230614_154012.jpg
20230614_154800.jpg

Jpez

Down on the left!
So they warrantied the warranty cassette?

Ended up with Garabruk. Works well.
Say what you want about e13 products but their CS is top notch. And Dirtworks, their distro. Whole new $600 cassette just arrived! New 46t as well in the fancy PVD (Intergalactic) coating which is supposed to be tougher treatment than anodised. They didn’t have to send out the 46t at all so I’m pretty happy with that.
It’s likely both issues I had were hamfisted user error but in saying that I’m running a 11-50 Garburuk 11sp with and extended cage on a GX rear mech and it’s really nice. I feel like I have the best of both worlds with nice big range and the toughness and less finicky set up of 12 speed. So next cassette I buy will like be a Garburuk and not e13.
FAA6DB55-64D1-4DBF-AD2D-173A58AAF6E3.jpeg

Last edited:

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No work yesterday so got out for a ride. Only lasted 15 kms before the knee completely packed it in :mad:.
I'm hoping and assuming that it was due to tweaking will kicking the football with the kid the night before rather than anything to do with the bike.
Despite not getting as far as I wanted, still very happy with the early impressions of the the Prime. Feels super planted over rocks etc, still nimble when it needs to be and really quick in the turns.
In my only run down Cressys I was 1 sec off my best time, and I certainly wasn't going flat out. Probably the most composed I've ever felt going through that first rock garden, including on bikes with an extra 30mm of travel

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
No work yesterday so got out for a ride. Only lasted 15 kms before the knee completely packed it in :mad:.
I'm hoping and assuming that it was due to tweaking will kicking the football with the kid the night before rather than anything to do with the bike.
Despite not getting as far as I wanted, still very happy with the early impressions of the the Prime. Feels super planted over rocks etc, still nimble when it needs to be and really quick in the turns.
In my only run down Cressys I was 1 sec off my best time, and I certainly wasn't going flat out. Probably the most composed I've ever felt going through that first rock garden, including on bikes with an extra 30mm of travel
Glad the bike's going well, sucks about the knee though... :(

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Created the bike lab for my old eyes, been using a head torch recently as I'm starting to find it hard to see without good lighting. No glasses being used just yet but they're coming as I'm 51 this year.

Used to be the 2 x led fluros and 1 x small panel above the bench, took it away and added 3 x 48w led light bars. The two on the right have a switch that puts them on when needed as they are not required normally, just when a bike is being worked on. Installed wedges and tilted all 3 towards the area for working the bench or on bikes but they are 120° spread anyway so probably didn't need to tilt them in hindsight.

Motion sensor with a 5 minute timer as nobody turns lights off in my house. All lights turn off after 5 minutes if no motion is detected, even the switched LED's.

Might even get a ride in today after I go and look at another bloody car for #2 son :rolleyes:

PXL_20230617_013012433.jpg

Jabubu

let you google that for me
My bike developed a loud creak from the crankset area over the week. Gave the Race Face bottom bracket a clean but thought fuck it and installed a new Shimano MT800 instead.

Went for a quick ride this morning and creak eliminated :)

Am I right in thinking the Race Face bbs dont have a good reputation?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Am I right in thinking the Race Face bbs dont have a good reputation?
If you keep them maintained/greased they last as long as others. Bearings are ok...

I have 3 x RF BSA30 BB's for cinch on Next SL's, Next R and Turbines, two of the BB's are from around 2013 era and still going with only one set of bearings changed out to Ali bearings about a year ago. Unsure if that was the 2013 BB's or the 2019-20 one.

Not sure how the 24mm BB's go.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Created the bike lab for my old eyes, been using a head torch recently as I'm starting to find it hard to see without good lighting. No glasses being used just yet but they're coming as I'm 51 this year.

Used to be the 2 x led fluros and 1 x small panel above the bench, took it away and added 3 x 48w led light bars. The two on the right have a switch that puts them on when needed as they are not required normally, just when a bike is being worked on. Installed wedges and tilted all 3 towards the area for working the bench or on bikes but they are 120° spread anyway so probably didn't need to tilt them in hindsight.

Motion sensor with a 5 minute timer as nobody turns lights off in my house. All lights turn off after 5 minutes if no motion is detected, even the switched LED's.

Might even get a ride in today after I go and look at another bloody car for #2 son :rolleyes:

View attachment 400459
Awesome set up.