What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Liking the Mazza's?
Been my go to tyre for a while now, 4C with a hard wearing strip down the middle that makes them last, but great grip on the sides. Running the enduro versions on this bike and and on the rear of my Deviate. The trail versions are good but can suffer a puncture on the rear quite easily... pretty much the same as any trail tyre.

Got a set of Conti DH supersoft/soft Argotals on the way... must refrain from fitting them before the Mazzas are cooked.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
4C with a hard wearing strip down the middle that makes them last, but great grip on the sides.
Sounds like the Specialized Eliminator T7/T9. I'm surprised you didn't take advantage of the BOGOF promo. Could have had a Butcher T9 Grid Gravity up front with an Eliminator T7/T9 Grid Gravity on the back all for just $100!

ozzybmx

Sounds like the Specialized Eliminator T7/T9. I'm surprised you didn't take advantage of the BOGOF promo. Could have had a Butcher T9 Grid Gravity up front with an Eliminator T7/T9 Grid Gravity on the back all for just $100!
Not really worried about the price but I do like a good deal.

Only 2 small parts of an expensive bike touch the ground so tyre choice for everyone is different.

Was really liking the DD MaxxGrip Maxxis that came on the bike but the wobble gave me the shizz of fckd me off yet again.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Ready for ride time! But waiting for better half to watch the squids. Trying some lower tyre pressures (28/26). And different pressures on the mezzer (57/100).
You know what they say - change all your variables at once, because you don’t have extra ride time to waste!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Fitted the 'Maestro' tuned Air-can off my Topaz shock from the old reign onto the new Gen3 one on the MetaSX... Perfect, the bigger negative chamber is exactly what this bike needed to make up for it's lack of linkages.
The first part of the travel always felt harsh with the RS coil, made a bit better with the air shock, and now is plush af.
PSX_20230701_134254.jpg

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Got another ride in on the Fuel EX-e this morning.
Wider saddle and Yep Joystick went on last night.
Saddle made a big difference.
Bike was a hoot to ride everywhere, sizing is spot on for me. A down track I’m normally too knackered to ride well I nailed today, felt like a completely different trail being fresh riding it!

I have a couple of issues with the battery though, 12km and 265vm should not chew 41% battery even if I am 110kg geared up!

ozzybmx

I have a couple of issues with the battery though, 12km and 265vm should not chew 41% battery even if I am 110kg geared up!
You did better than a few days ago.

28km and 500m elevation had me on 2% battery when I rolled into the car park
Its a 360Wh battery, I reckon even on mine with 750Wh if I did 12km with 250vm it would chew 20%-25% on EMTB mode. My battery is over twice the size so 40% for that distance is probably in the ballpark. @The Reverend will know.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Its a 360Wh battery, I reckon even on mine with 750Wh if I did 12km with 250vm it would chew 20%-25% on EMTB mode. My battery is over twice the size so 40% for that distance is probably in the ballpark. @The Reverend will know.
Absolutely the case. I find even with my weight it does very well. It's light enough and pedals well enough to not have to use full support everywhere.

It's designed to support one's efforts, rather than substitute them.

Also, it also gets better once you've ridden it a few times. Like the management system is adaptive or learns from your ride behaviour. Take some time to tinker with the settings and support levels too.

and yes, @Rorschach that stock saddle is not good. Ditched mine before the second ride.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title

Absolutely the case. I find even with my weight it does very well. It's light enough and pedals well enough to not have to use full support everywhere.

Its designed to support one's efforts, rather than substitute them.

Also, it also gets better once you've ridden it a few times. Like the management system is adaptive or learns from your ride behaviour. Take some time to tinker with the settings and support levels too.

and yes, @Rorschach that stock saddle is not good. Ditched mine before the second ride.
Thanks guys, I guess it's something I'll need to get used to. Riding a higher cadence is definitely the way to use the bike, seems to respond better.
I also haven't tweaked the support levels, I might look into dropping Trail mode down and seeing how that helps

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Ready for ride time! But waiting for better half to watch the squids. Trying some lower tyre pressures (28/26). And different pressures on the mezzer (57/100).
You know what they say - change all your variables at once, because you don’t have extra ride time to waste!
OMg - so backed up. needed to say how my ride went with fork and tyre pressure changes but site was down and noone around me IRL cares…

fork was good, tyres were ok. Back felt a bit vague, but might not have been tyre. Will leave front at 26 though.

glad to get it off my chest.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I did many things over the weekend to/with/for bikes.

Rode with the local MTB girls group. The youngest, all of 9yo, schooled us old birds on how to road gap. She also rode a respectable 18km. Amazing.
Cleaned the thick mud off the MTB and gave it some good oil.
Serviced some forks, swapped out four cockpits (trying different handlebars on different bikes - not all mine), cleaned and oiled the second youngest Canary's bike and serviced the old dropper post on it.
Got the kids out for a ride in a brief window of sunshine and no rain. We talked, ate jelly beans and sang silly songs.