What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I'm holding out on specs too... Near enough to 47 I'm finding a few situations where I need to shut one eye, cross the other and get exactly the right light angle to see what I'm trying to read, but I can do it. I'm ahead of my dad on this front, I'm older than he was when he succumbed to specs! :D
I think you need glasses mate!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I can’t read road signs anymore, my prescription sunnies get worn all the time - even while riding - and now I need to wear my office glasses all the time too!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Needing glasses ain't no biggy. If you need them, you should get them.
I've got Amblyopia (lazy eye), had glasses since I was 14. I needed glasses sooner but Mum thought I was crazy when i tried to tell her. I'll never get my eyes to work together ,and the lazy eye is beyond salvageable, so I've got magnification for the "good" eye only. The lazy eye is only good for peripheral vision. Magic Eye books are wasted on me!
Eye tests are bulk billed, no harm in getting your eyes tested.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Needing glasses ain't no biggy. If you need them, you should get them.
I've got Amblyopia (lazy eye), had glasses since I was 14. I needed glasses sooner but Mum thought I was crazy when i tried to tell her. I'll never get my eyes to work together ,and the lazy eye is beyond salvageable, so I've got magnification for the "good" eye only. The lazy eye is only good for peripheral vision. Magic Eye books are wasted on me!
Eye tests are bulk billed, no harm in getting your eyes tested.
I’ve got a scar on my right optic disc, so my right eye is for symmetry. Getting glasses a few years ago is the best thing I’ve done

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just go get some glasses you silly old pricks, it's nice being able to actually see. Ffs.
Unless said users are using text-to-voice software, your written advice is useless. Send them a PM written in Braille.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Oh yeah, right. WDYDT/W/FYBT...

Raced the light and lost (came prepared). Raced the rain and technically lost. Got muddy, scared the shit out of myself and had fun.
View attachment 400981
This is the issue for me with riding at night, it's all fun and games and then I kinda see something that looks a bit unusual and my brain goes "that's interesting, let's mentally extrapolate that until every shadow is fucking Slenderman"

If you have a hyperactive imagination like me, don't ever, ever ride past playgrounds at night. The lights on your bike can make the shadows of jungle gyms and nets go a bit... strange.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
This is the issue for me with riding at night, it's all fun and games and then I kinda see something that looks a bit unusual and my brain goes "that's interesting, let's mentally extrapolate that until every shadow is fucking Slenderman"

If you have a hyperactive imagination like me, don't ever, ever ride past playgrounds at night. The lights on your bike can make the shadows of jungle gyms and nets go a bit... strange.
Ha. Night ride this week and full moon but very low casting an eerie glow over the trails. Creak creak. What’s that. Oh stupid cables rubbing. Adjust zip tie. Metallic scraping noises. What’s that. Am I about to be stabbed? No just the discs making funny noises as trails are damp.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
The weird thing about night-riding in the bush, I'd say, it is the most least likely scenario that some knife wielding nutjob is about to jump you. It's way more likely in the CBD, surrounded by actual people.

Back in the day, I'd walk all night long through the Dandenongs, on a full moon night, with Scooby Doo my trusty Great Dane, while on Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds and I never ever felt a tiny bit threatened. Not sure how that would go, if I did that in the big smoke...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Today I fitted a Kids Ride Shotgun seat for Ben, my grandson.

He LOVED it.

We were just going to ride up and down the street, to check if it was setup ok, and before we knew it, we'd ridden 6km, via singletrack to the beach, and neither Sue nor I, had helmets on.

When we got home, he jumped straight on his balance bike.

Bens new seat.jpeg