What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Now the sun is up, time for some more photos!

I have a moderate bike boner. That is very nice.

Please don't make me regret the V12s I just bought :yo:
The new V12s are nice. I was running a set last year. My only complaint would he the paint comes off easily.

V12s are the best at ripping shins open. Much better than Saints even.
I guess you've never seen the NS leg eater or the BMW shinburgerer then?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I have a moderate bike boner. That is very nice.

The new V12s are nice. I was running a set last year. My only complaint would he the paint comes off easily.

I guess you've never seen the NS leg eater or the BMW shinburgerer then?
haha, nah, I actually like both (and use) V12s and Saints - just had a nice stack on Sunday and the shin is a bit raw still

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Cheers. I'm guessing you just have the two colours selected as Dark Grey?
How did you find installation? Longevity wise, how are they going?
Yeah, dark grey. High quality thick material, they are fine. They are not 100% matched to OEM, but close enough (they have "Magneto Industries" in tiny writing & so on).

But I prefer the quality to a mate's Slik Graphics.

When fitting, make sure the surface is clean but don't go to town cleaning the edges where the old sticker was. You can use the old outline to know where the new sticker goes.

Last edited:

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Final tuning and brake tweaking tonight.
Reba fork and 1x9 for the first time on this frame. (not cool enough/young enough to go 10/11/12 speed)

Attachments

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Got back from Bali at 7:30am… about midday I rode a clockwise lap of Lysty, doing Follow Me and Bermacide. Clockwise is soooo much better during the working week.

Yesterday, we rode an East Balinese mountain bike ride from Mt Ugang to the coast at Virgin Beach. The bikes were dungas compared with our super pro ride earlier in the week, but the guide was a major good fun dude, and we got really massively rained on for over an hour which made the pretty soft route a fair bit more enjoyable.

We’ll be back…

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
That doesn't sound enjoyable.
I don’t mind riding in the rain, I just hate starting the ride in the rain… so as long as my body temperature is up to riding temperature, I’m OK.

But this is Bali, so it was hot anyway, 32c and humid as, so it wasn’t about temperature, it was about making a fairly lame ride, into something more technical and engaging. Just a few days earlier we were riding insanely good single track on the top of breath taking ridges and diving down through massive descents into gorgeous valleys, on a sandy/volcanic ash surface that was wash-out city requiring just let it totally hang out fun.

Our second ride initially felt pretty lacklustre on POS bikes, compared to a few days earlier… and then it started pissing down, and the concentration levels went up heaps, so as to ride what was now a very slippery route with many varying surfaces… on heavy hardtails with cable brakes, half shot tyres, low spec drivetrains and forks that sort of went up and down… it was a blast.

But, I must say… my bike felt pretty snazzy today though.