What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Thought I'd try a 35mm stem, the orignal 70mm with 780 bars just felt to much!
35mm Dia or length? That stem looks like it would be at least the 50mm version.

Just bought the Atlas 35x35 stem for my Thunderbolt today and finally got out to Red Hill. Wowzers, didnt think i could love the Thunderbolt any more but the 35mm long stem has just taken it to new heights. Red Hill... The descents were 10/10 awesome, the climbs on the other hand nearly broke my spirit! (Mind you ive done no riding in the last 2 weeks and far too much drinking!) Still, 900VM in 22-23km doesnt come easy at the best of times!

Travis.

Last edited:

Travis22

Likes Dirt
is that your stem in the photo? The 35mm long stem has the bars almost touching the steerer tube. The stem in the photo would be the 50 i guess? (I think the size is printed on the inside of the stem in the handlebar clamp area).

The 35x35 has the 'ATLAS' lable located up beside the handlebar clamp plate and the 50/60mm versions have it writting where it is in your photo down hear the steerer tube.

Thats the 35x35: https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb11948859/p5pb11948859.jpg

Travis.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Fitted some zee brakes to the tracer. At first they were a little squeaky and entirely underwhelming. A bleed (black fluid!) And a pad cook off later and I'm wondering how people use these. Farkin hell Shimano, im far too pretty to faceplant the ground every time I try to slow down a little!

I was sure I saw little figures like 30% more power than xt or slx with better modulation. I'd agree with the modulation, they're not as grabby at first touch. But if you get close to a handful I'm pretty sure even ideates 2.8s aren't going to help you keep traction. Bugger me there's some power in these stoppymathings!

Sent from my Xperia Z3C using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Fitted some zee brakes to the tracer. At first they were a little squeaky and entirely underwhelming. A bleed (black fluid!) And a pad cook off later and I'm wondering how people use these. Farkin hell Shimano, im far too pretty to faceplant the ground every time I try to slow down a little!

I was sure I saw little figures like 30% more power than xt or slx with better modulation. I'd agree with the modulation, they're not as grabby at first touch. But if you get close to a handful I'm pretty sure even ideates 2.8s aren't going to help you keep traction. Bugger me there's some power in these stoppymathings!

What pads are you running?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
What pads are you running?

It's the resin pads.

Still amazed by the difference cooking the pads makes, I'm mean we're talking going from barely slowing me down with a full handful to being able to lock them up at 25kph if I grab just a little too hard. I've now officially used the Rambo gas cooker more for brake pads than food

Oddjob

It's the resin pads.

Still amazed by the difference cooking the pads makes, I'm mean we're talking going from barely slowing me down with a full handful to being able to lock them up at 25kph if I grab just a little too hard. I've now officially used the Rambo gas cooker more for brake pads than food

Sintered pads are scarier again, but also better modulation and wet weather wear.

Do you just grill the pads with tongs?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Sintered pads are scarier again, but also better modulation and wet weather wear.

Do you just grill the pads with tongs?

Yeah, I hold them over the flame with a set of vice grips till the crap boils out of them. Makes such a huge difference, the Rambo stove should be a part of everyone's tool kit.

I hear the metals are better in the wet but I honestly couldn't tell the difference with my xt brakes. Maybe a bit more pronounced with the 4pots?

Oddjob

Yeah, I hold them over the flame with a set of vice grips till the crap boils out of them. Makes such a huge difference, the Rambo stove should be a part of everyone's tool kit.

I hear the metals are better in the wet but I honestly couldn't tell the difference with my xt brakes. Maybe a bit more pronounced with the 4pots?

Much more pronouonced. You can feel and hear the difference. Just don't use ice tech rotors, they will melt.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

I find a little bit of garlic & hot sauce & they're just delicious.

I had a weird slo mo stack at Ourimbah, fully over the bars.

I guess that'll teach me for thinking about stuff whilst riding to take my mind off stuff.

And the boy didnae get to see, that'll learn him to sleep in.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Got caught in a downpour. Been dry for so long, it was kind fun...Except for the hazardous conditions when descending. Had to pull the pin and call it a day when things got dangerous.

IMG_9458.jpg

IMG_9459.jpg

IMG_9460.jpg

Oddjob

Got sent a photo from the shop of my new bike. Pickup tomorrow.

You'll have to tell us where the crack is when you pick it up.

(This is just my passive/aggressive way of showing my jealousy.)

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Went 27.5 on the front of the hardtail. I put on a 2.4 Onza Citius, and there's not a lot of wiggle room!

It's on a 2013 X-Fusion Vengeance which is meant to be 26 and 27.5 compatible. I'm hoping to give it a ride Friday, but not holding out much hope that the flex won't put it into the arch.

The tyres are pretty big. Maybe 1mm narrower than the 2.5 wt Minion dhf on the dually.

IMAG0878-2000x1500.jpg