What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Z

Zaf

@Lazmo What we call the "West Side Trails" the trail head is going to be at Morris Soak/Lovegrove Drv, but there are a few little connector tracks in behind the Scout Hall. These are the ones that you can take to get to the track that links into West Macs, and when the "Black Slabbeth" is completed, it'll be a single direction trail that links up the other side of the hill from the start of West Macs.

Really promising stuff now! But give it another 6-months, because they'll start work on the East Side trails soon and if they get the same treatment a lot of stuff is about to get way cool! Complete about face from earlier sentiments, seriously that good!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My light setup was awesome. Didn't have huge throw but the flood effect was really wide and made it much easier going round corners compared to my double LED light. I rode for 2 hours and only used 1amp out of an 8.4amp battery too (So I'm gathering they aren't 5w each then unfortunately. Probably 3w) @Zaf, you'll be pleased to know I could ditch the switch as the battery had a built in switch so I only needed to run the fuse circuit... I still play basketball the same way though.

Z

Zaf

My light setup was awesome. Didn't have huge throw but the flood effect was really wide and made it much easier going round corners compared to my double LED light. I rode for 2 hours and only used 1amp out of an 8.4amp battery too (So I'm gathering they aren't 5w each then unfortunately. Probably 3w) @Zaf, you'll be pleased to know I could ditch the switch as the battery had a built in switch so I only needed to run the fuse circuit... I still play basketball the same way though.
I was talking about your brake, reverb and gear cables. Give me five minutes, a T25, 6xCable Ties and pair of nail clippers and I'll have that looking neater than a witty anecdote I can't think of yet. Yes, that clean! Unimaginably...

DMan

I was talking about your brake, reverb and gear cables. Give me five minutes, a T25, 6xCable Ties and pair of nail clippers and I'll have that looking neater than a witty anecdote I can't think of yet. Yes, that clean! Unimaginably...
FFS, some people are never happy.. :rolleyes:

DMan

What would the T25 be for? For interest sake how would you clean up my bars?

Z

Zaf

@DMan no, but I need to untangle it because it's twisted around the left brake cable. Needs to be moved a little to get nice clean cable tied.

DMan

@DMan no, but I need to untangle it because it's twisted around the left brake cable. Needs to be moved a little to get nice clean cable tied.
Where? The reason I ask is I have a rattle up front and I'm sure it comes from the cables hitting each other. Draw some circles on the photo using microsoft art or something..

Z

Zaf

Where? The reason I ask is I have a rattle up front and I'm sure it comes from the cables hitting each other. Draw some circles on the photo using microsoft art or something..
light.jpg

So the reverb cable enters the frame on the upper port, but then comes underneath the brake cable routed into the same side. Needs to be pulled around on top. I'd also, at the same time route the shifter outer around the outside of them and tie it to the front brake cable (so you just have two neat routings of two cables tied together) and then if you notice noise between those two, create a standoff between the two bundles using a cable tie and some irrigation hose.

Like this (editing it in)
0.png
Washed out because the light from heavens is glaring down on the beauty that is clean routing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DMan

View attachment 345774

So the reverb cable enters the frame on the upper port, but then comes underneath the brake cable routed into the same side. Needs to be pulled around on top. I'd also, at the same time route the shifter outer around the outside of them and tie it to the front brake cable (so you just have two neat routings of two cables tied together) and then if you notice noise between those two, create a standoff between the two bundles using a cable tie and some irrigation hose.

Like this (editting it in)
Cool, thanks Zaf. I'll have a look and see if I have enough cable to route things that way.

DMan

Next you'll be looking for a 3 foot reach gearbox bike with linkage driven front suspension. In alloy of course.
I don't think that will be a problem. Our pockets have slightly different depths. I can afford cable ties though!