What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Sorry for leading you down that track :oops:
Shit happens...

Maybe if I could actually keep the bike up off the rocks my poor mistreated wheel would be feeling better right now...

Was a great day for it though. Some different terrain to normal was good to ride as well.

And next time no cucumber! ;) (geez that sounded bad as I wrote it...:D)

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Good ride this morning after a storm last night.

Fell off on a climb due to slipping on a wet root. Full gumby still clipped in mode.

Also included a popular road climb which was fun stirring a triathlete that passed us after we passed him but then he started tanking and retreating to a easier gear so we uped the pace and passed him again just before pulling off onto a side track. Snicker snicker stupid aero bars.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I patched my Onza Ibex tyre after I pinch flatted it on Saturday, I couldn't risk using it for Sundays solo ride in the wilderness because I was unable to get a good seal with the Mitus sealant on the trails. I'm trying some urethane glue on it to see if it can handle tyre sealant because last time I used some tube patches, the sealant dissolved the glue.

20181009_131705.jpg

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Goes in smoothly, seems dimensionally correct.

My only concern would be utterly woeful metallurgy, but surely that would be hard to achieve.

rstim

Likes Dirt
If it’s 31.6, lemme know. I have droppers and no frame to suit them.
Hey moorey what do you have? I recently got the wife a bike but it's lacking a dropper only need something short as it's a small frame.
Cheers,
Tim

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Installed an angle headset. Was a lot easier than expected given I've never changed headset cups before.

Only slight hiccup was dropping the shifter mount screw and captive nut which must've also silenty bounced across the garage and under my other bike. Took longer to find that than the rest of the headset replacement!

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I work FIFO so am away from my bike right now :( but have this from the other day to look back on. I'd like to find a better mounting spot for the GoPro, some trial and error coming up. I like how it shows the fork working away. Seems to be using most of the travel without bottoming out

moorey

call me Mia
Started putting a few spare parts on ‘operation deathtrap’, for the state DH round this weekend. Last raced Mt Beauty in 2003 on an Orange, so it deserves a 2003 orange.
@Zaf the cusswit tried to rob me of the chance by sending me the wrong headset, but I used parts of it, with parts of another headset, to almost make it work. The ZS top, and really low stack height stem ALMOST make the steerer long enough...I never let the steerer sit under stem height...but surely one time, at a DH race will be fine o_O
This will either become a PYR, a confession, or a crash pic thread soon..or all 3. Stay tuned.

Oh, and @dh1, hope you’re not in a hurry fir the stem... :cool:
A1D8C133-CEC1-410C-B7B5-5EED96F2231A.jpeg
3EA841D5-58A6-4539-93E8-DD1C1F30A3B5.jpeg

Last edited: