What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Riding yesterday bike was feeling a bit harsh. Dropped a few psi in the shock and it was kinda ok but not super plush like normal.
Had a peek at the linkages and it was grit city.

Bearings seem ok, but a bit of a clean and re grease and it’s all smooth again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Short ride yesty, pushing through the post night shift jet lag and lethargy. Proper ride this morning, nice damp ground after a fair bit of rain over the last two weeks. Bought a nice torque wrench yesty to check I had done up all the suspension pivots properly after changing the main pivot bearings. And yes I had proper overtightened all of ‘em. All good so far though as the creaking noise is gone. I rode the down bits as fast as I could and it was very FUN. Now pondering why all the pivot bolts have torque settings in Nm except the rear axle “ABP” which is 200 ft/lbs wtf ?

Edit: Am getting more comfortable with getting the bike dirty now, mainly because I am a slack bastard about cleaning stuff.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Now pondering why all the pivot bolts have torque settings in Nm except the rear axle “ABP” which is 200 ft/lbs wtf ?
It's probably the only 'bolt' they check in-store when assembling the bikes... American brand, American torque-settings.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I was with a small TV production crew for something with Mrs. They had a drone up last night but it couldn't couldn't fight the winds to land back home and ran low on battery. Damn nice piece of gear though.

I feel like Virgil flying Thunderbird 2 this morning and coming on a search and rescue mission. The last known gps coordinates sure helped.

Mission Accomplished.

DSC_2407.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I was with a small TV production crew for something with Mrs. They had a drone up last night but it couldn't couldn't fight the winds to land back home and ran low on battery. Damn nice piece of gear though.

I feel like Virgil flying Thunderbird 2 this morning and coming on a search and rescue mission. The last known gps coordinates sure helped.

Mission Accomplished.

View attachment 355053
"Look what I found, can I keep it?"

BT180

Max Pfaff
Built my first wheel last night. Took a bit to get my head around it and was a slow start, but once I sussed the pattern it was all good. A couple of mistakes like not crossing a couple of spokes under an existing was a good lesson, but luckily I noticed those before going too much further. Biggest time consumer was the the nipple washers and preventing them from falling into the rim when threading the nips onto the spokes. Did it a few times and it was a PITA to fish out again.

Anyway, happy with the result, now off to a mate who knows what he's doing for the tensioning and truing.