What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Finally took the new bike for a ride! Went to Davies Creek and tagged along with the Junior Development day and helped out a little (lifted some bikes over gates) and got to know the trail.

I'll be heading back there with some friends for a faster paced ride!

I definitely need a pedal upgrade but that's being discussed right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tex72

Likes Dirt
Washed & lubed it, then got it dirty whilst exploring some new sniggle. Washed & lubed it again

Had a :woot:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
- installl very shiney 740mm gold bars
- go for ride (some minor djs to get used to new feel, some minor freeride-ish tracks)
- over the bars on new tricky little jump
- scratch up the new bars real good.

MTB Pilot

Likes Dirt
I took my new Giant Advanced Anthem 27.5 1 bike for a ride at Yarramundi. I've never had a FS bike or one in carbon before, so it was great to covert HT brain to accept the fact that a FS is much kinder to my 49 year old body! The bike is absolutely fantastic!!!! I haven't found anything about it yet I don't like. Super responsive, comfortable and FAST!!!! It's a far cry from my 2012 Giant XTC hard tail!

My son had a mid term break today from school, so he came with me on his new Giant Talon 27.5. He'd outgrown his Giant XTC 24" bike and it was time to step up, so there's two new bikes in the house! I knew of course it would be a big change from a 24" wheel, but we were both surprised at how well he rode today! No little rocks, ruts and other small obstacles to stop him. The Talon just gave him a tonne of confidence and it showed!

Great day on the bikes today, and two very happy riders.

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Finally got a decent ride in after being sick and missing the last Gazebo round last weekend. Swapped out the Bontrager XR1 tyres for XR2s yesterday and rode around Youies for an hour before getting bored and headed home. After that poor effort, I got up this morning and rode to Lysterfield and back. Just over 5 1/2 hours all up. I have a few 100k and 6 hour events coming up so it was good to find out what needs tweaking a bit.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
just back from holidays and had the bike in the van. figured i'd sneak into OMV for a lap on the way home and see what dirt art have been up to. my pressure gauge was in the van too and as it had been a while since checking the tyres I decided to play it safe, however I never knew I had removable core valve stems. I almost went home in disgrace....Almost

luckily i had my track pump in the van too :) or else this could have been in another thread.

Last edited:

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
After a bit of time hunting online and waiting patiently, I finally have a 56cm steel framed road bike in my possession. And to top it off it is an Aussie made Kenevans.

$_20.JPG

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
just back from holidays and had the bike in the van. figured i'd sneak into OMV for a lap on the way home and see what dirt art have been up to. my pressure gauge was in the van too and as it had been a while since checking the tyres I decided to play it safe, however I never knew I had removable core valve stems. I almost went home in disgrace....Almost

luckily i had my track pump in the van too :) or else this could have been in another thread.
I thought I'd let some air out when I just got on the chairlift at thredbo. Same thing happened to me, but mine shot off into orbit. Nice chairlift ride up then down :-(

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
'notime' = legend.

Not what I did for my bike today, but what another forum member did for it.

I put a wanted ad up for a front wheel. I was willing to pay. Rotorburn member 'Notime' offered one for free. Not a piece of rubbish either. A very nice, light, and strong wheel it be.
120km round trip to get it, but still a bargain.

He also took me for a ride on some of his local single track. That's gold, that is. Luckily, he's nursing an injury, so he only had to wait for me about half a dozen times.

There are some rather aggressive trees up Hazelbrook way, let me assure you. I ate some shit. More than once. Hey, it's called learning, right?

I consider this one of those priceless days that come around all too rarely.

Can't thank you enough, notime. I hope I can return the favour in some way, some day soon.

:thumb:

Last edited:

MTB Pilot

Likes Dirt
I was riding at Yarramundi and was belting down a downhill section when something ran out of the bush from my right. A kamikaze goanna about four feet long clipped the bottom of the front tire, reared back at my left leg as it got between the front and rear wheel, went under my rear wheel and departed into the bush on the left hand side. A goanna can give a very nasty bite, so I'm glad I was going as quick as I was.

Minlak

custom titis
Y'know, à pair of circlip pliers will do the same job, and remove circlip too. Bonus! I find the 90° jobs work the best. Probably should have mentioned it in the hate thread the other day :behindsofa:
The circlip pliers I have we're not able to do it so I bought new pliers I will see if I can take them back and get the circlip pliers I will just explain knuckles screwed me and I am sure they will take them back :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
I made this chain tool for releasing SRAM powerlinks :)
$10 and 4 minutes of grinding bam 2 sec chain undo
You know that for less than five bucks more a shop would have sold you the specific tool designed for doing this exact job, and I'm sure you could probably find it for less than 10 bucks online somewhere too