What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Picked up my blue hope seat colar, got some ESI chunky grips and tensioner for the ss and some sram quick links, thought I had the magic gear took one To many links out, has anyone run more than two quick links before ? It's a brand new chain I just have to add a couple more links now
Yep I've got two KMC quick links in. I snapped a new chain and needed to add back the links I'd removed.

camoshop

Banned
Yep I've got two KMC quick links in. I snapped a new chain and needed to add back the links I'd removed.
Sweet well that's all sorted, can't ride it though some how the cranks are bent or the front ring is its warped. Spider arms seem bent on one side.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it. Crashed it, ground some more width off my bars.. Fuck this shit! Haha

Knee copped a mad gouge out of it. So much it didn't bleed. Hospital cleaned out the new socket and patched me up.

Bikes going in to be checked out for a possible warranty on the frame. Good timing, knee needs a couple of weeks to recover.

Minlak

custom titis
Rode it. Crashed it, ground some more width off my bars.. Fuck this shit! Haha

Knee copped a mad gouge out of it. So much it didn't bleed. Hospital cleaned out the new socket and patched me up.

Bikes going in to be checked out for a possible warranty on the frame. Good timing, knee needs a couple of weeks to recover.
Wow Crash Thread? Pics? Oh I sound morbid....

Re-Bled the rear brake it didn't feel the same as the front and I don't think I allowed for the length of the rear when I bled them after setting them up. Got a bit more air out and washed through a lot more fluid this time. Yet to try them as I cbf putting the wheels on right now....

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Went to wash it, released seat clamp to extend post to put in bike stand, went to re-tighten clamp, bang....

Anger, sadness, pity.... There's goes my ride in the morning :-(

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Trying to find one that has the gap for the dropper cable is the pain. Don't want it flapping in the breeze.....

camoshop

Banned
Went for a ride, had to turn around and ride like a mad man, can't indolge why but yeah was hectic, then I had an epithamy, my single speed dosnt have bent crank, chain line was just out being a 73 bb took a spacer from the chain ring side and put it on the opposite side move the cog inwards half a spacer and boom, smooth, just have to sort out the brakes now they have gone to shit.. New pads and a bleed.

ChopSticks

Banned
installed metallic pads on mates set of XT's

also installed a set of xt brakes on another mates Genius 720, along with new stem, carbon bars, rotors and cables.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
installed metallic pads on mates set of XT's

also installed a set of xt brakes on another mates Genius 720, along with new stem, carbon bars, rotors and cables.
Waste of time if they were SLX's on there before. I did this and wish I hadn't bothered, very little discernible difference.
Great bike though...

Today I ordered a pair of black 180mm Hope Saw rotors and 142x12 conversion for the new Arch/Hopes.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Trying to find one that has the gap for the dropper cable is the pain. Don't want it flapping in the breeze.....
Get a bolt up one, if you're running a dropper, the only time you'll need to adjust the post is before you put it in the work stand, and you'll have the cutlery out anyways.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Said expensive sub 200g carbon rail seat that fits my arse perfectly ie. Fabric (nee Charge) Scoop that I thought was creaking mofo carbon rails in the seat base....turned out to be me being too kind to the carbon rails and not tightening them up enough....

While I was there...I also ran some carbon paste on the rails and greased the Reverbs top/bottom clamps where metal was on metal.

Silence is golden....

Last edited:

spurr

Likes Bikes
New hoops! After 3 years the stock Rovals started cracking around the eyelets so got the LBS to lace these up...

DSC02963.jpg
DSC02957.JPG
DSC02959.JPG

Nothing flash, but I am now a member of the cool noise brigade :Banane18:

Klips

Likes Dirt
Learned that I am not very good at manualling jumps and then bunnyhopping down the other side. One mistake later there's yet another scratch on the top tube, three more lumpy bits on my left side and one more thing to overcome.

Also, it's fucking hot. 39 in the sun according to the garmin at 11am is too hot for frigging Canberra, when it's not yet summer.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Rode it, rode a fat bike, rode a demo8 and also rode the sworks version of mine.... Good day out at gap creek....