What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
I think I need something like that.. I tried to consolidate all my tools into a single (far too small) toolbox, which has instead led to me having tools dumped on shelves/in boxes/in containers all over the garage, along with the toolbox being irritatingly full

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
went for a ride at Wylde MTB, fun time but man can't see a lot of the track for the weeds. Chatting to a dude in the carpark before i started and he had seen a bunch of snakes, so i was keeping an eye out the whole time but only managed to almost run over a 1.5m Goanna. a bit dusty out there but good to be on the bike.

Last edited:

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
Ordered a new tyre :) Exciting stuff! Hahaha..

Have been riding the Nobby Nics that came with the bike without issue.. converted to tubeless easily with a Joe's kit. This past weekend though I noticed a small tear in the sidewall, and during my ride couldn't for the life of me get the tire to hold more than 15psi (could see sealant bubbling out of lots of small holes doing it's best to seal it up, but no joy) so will retire that to a "last resort" spare to run with a tube if necessary, move the NN currently on front to the rear and give the Magic Mary I've just ordered a run on the front :)

Actually looking forward to trying a new tyre on the front to see how different it feels..
Doh! Apparently the Magic Mary isn't actually available in 27.5, so they've offered me a Maxxis Griffin instead. Brand new tyre, couldn't find any reviews for it.. Looks like it's fairly heavy, but i'm keen to give it a crack anyway - Thinking will run that on the back and keep my current Nobby Nic front?

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Doh! Apparently the Magic Mary isn't actually available in 27.5, so they've offered me a Maxxis Griffin instead. Brand new tyre, couldn't find any reviews for it.. Looks like it's fairly heavy, but i'm keen to give it a crack anyway - Thinking will run that on the back and keep my current Nobby Nic front?
I guess you mean the distributers are out of stock as the are definitely available. Come standard on a lot of bikes and I've bought one recently, although it was a DH carcass.

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
I guess you mean the distributers are out of stock as the are definitely available. Come standard on a lot of bikes and I've bought one recently, although it was a DH carcass.
*shrugs* I'm just going by what I was told.. I was fairly sure I'd seen Magic Mary's in 27.5 elsewhere, but I'm not too bothered... I'll give this other tyre a crack, and if I don't like it, I'll buy something else to try and consider myself one tyre wiser :p

wombat

Lives in a hole
*shrugs* I'm just going by what I was told.. I was fairly sure I'd seen Magic Mary's in 27.5 elsewhere, but I'm not too bothered... I'll give this other tyre a crack, and if I don't like it, I'll buy something else to try and consider myself one tyre wiser :p
Yerp, 27.5 Mary in normal Evo snakeskin is on the front of my new bike right now. :)

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
To be fair, I did just check the email and he said it "isn't available" and may well have meant only that it isn't available "right now"

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
To be fair, I did just check the email and he said it "isn't available" and may well have meant only that it isn't available "right now"
Just had a look on bike-discount.de, really good place for schwalbe tyres, nothing in 27.5, perhaps demand has outstipped supply?

Great tyre, probably best DH / aggressive tyre I have used.

Fish90

Likes Dirt
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422964270.175422.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422964279.253324.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422964285.794864.jpg
Wooohooo mum and my sis know how to buy me birthday prezzies!!! And the missus got me a Nixon watch! I'm one spoilt boy!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Finally put the last bit on it, it's done!
mmm, perdy. please tell me it has X1/X01 with the black cassette. the black chain really finishes it off then.
the updated wolftooth design is sweet too.

was going to ask what bike, then i noticed the sticker says "Yeh it's Carbon eh" thusly it's canadian, so a Norco. :laugh:

wombat

Lives in a hole
mmm, perdy. please tell me it has X1/X01 with the black cassette. the black chain really finishes it off then.
the updated wolftooth design is sweet too.

was going to ask what bike, then i noticed the sticker says "Yeh it's Carbon eh" thusly it's canadian, so a Norco.
Yerp, came with x1, was replaced with the machined x01 unit, I wanted a completely black drivetrain from the get go, just a bugger about the derailleur.

Fish90

Likes Dirt
You'll love those knee/shin guards, they are so comfy!

Happy Birthday :)
Thanks mate, was going to get just the knee pads but knowing my track record, I need all the protection I can get!!!! (Might even ask Santa for a giant roll of bubble wrap this year!)

davehirst

Likes Dirt
fitted new salsa qr (poor mans dropper), fitted poormans computer with cadence, heart rate, altitude, blah blah from aldis, works a treat>
fitted new cartridge to fox evo 32 , went for a ride to mt hay (butterbox canyon) in the blue mountains.
Good accessories and a good ride makes for a happy chappy