What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

takai

Eats Squid
The headset(s) arrived for the monstercrosser today.

Ordered the AEST one ages ago, but figured it had been lost in the post and so ordered the FSA. Both got delivered today. Now have to decide which one.
The AEST is a deeper red, and so looks a touch better, wheras the FSA is a pinkier red. But the FSA has rubber lip seals top and bottom and is a square profile which will work better with the forks that have a flange designed for an internal/semi integrated headset....

Decisions decisions. Help me o bling fairys.

takai

Eats Squid
Depends on what sort of bike its on, nice svelte road bikes or thin tubed steel framers work well with rounded cups.

Am leaning towards the fsa though.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Function .....
Stack heights the same/matter ?
Crown races have splits?
pink red does look fugly but....

takai

Eats Squid
Function .....
Stack heights the same/matter ?
Crown races have splits?
pink red does look fugly but....
Same function really, stack height is perhaps 1-2mm taller on the FSA to account for the seal, not that it matters at all for my purpose.
AEST race is split, FSA is solid, although i have cut a slit in solid races before.

I think im leaning towards the FSA, but yeah the pinky red is a bit fugly. It is the same anodisation as the Novatec hubs though. But the seat clamp is the deeper red.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Were they a stock graphic or did you design them yourself? I actually trolled through the whole Lb thread to find a picture of them last night,weird coincidence.
My brother helped them design the graphics and I used the same ones. If you want that graphic just send Vivian a pic as they will still have them on file.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Yeah, certainly FWP. Went with the FSA:

Have ordered a 99c seatclamp off ebay which looks to be the same lighter red. Hard life.
With forks that ugly, not sure what all the fuss was about. What Polish were you trying to use?

takai

Eats Squid
Hahaha, yeah the forks leave a little to be desired. Was expecting them to be vinyl stickers, like most things. But nooooo its actually paint.

No polish, just steel wool and scotchbrite.