What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Bought a Giant Rail helmet and put on the GoPro adhesive mount. I have a 3+ and it's noticeably heavy but I reckon I'll get used to that. Can't afford a GoPro Session :(

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
looked at my bike for the first time in 6 weeks.....:sad::sad::sad::sad:
i thought that if i can't ride it,i may as well service it,so the forks got a oil change,turned out to be straight forward procedure,which i was presently surprised with....
tomorrow the front brake needs a bleed and maybe a new chain

BT180

Max Pfaff
Took a hit on the underside of the downtube (on the protector) where the internal brake and RD cables come out. Lost the plug thingy and thus the ability of my RD to work. Ended up doing half the ride in the 3rd highest gear. Legs are paying for it!

Thinking full length housing will sort it out and a bit of tape to cover the hole, rather than go through the process of getting another plug thingy from Canyon.

Z

Zaf

Took a hit on the underside of the downtube (on the protector) where the internal brake and RD cables come out. Lost the plug thingy and thus the ability of my RD to work. Ended up doing half the ride in the 3rd highest gear. Legs are paying for it!

Thinking full length housing will sort it out and a bit of tape to cover the hole, rather than go through the process of getting another plug thingy from Canyon.
Pictures?
Also, they don't run full length cabling?

Mine just got shipped!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Pictures?
Also, they don't run full length cabling?

Mine just got shipped!
Nope, no full length. I don't have a pic, but can take one tomorrow when I take it to the lbs. It's the #26 and #1 part in this diagram https://www.canyon.com/downloads/supportcenter/Strive_CF_M27-16_BOM.pdf

It's potentially inside the frame, as I have no idea how it came off from underneath the downtube protector. I've bounced and shaken the bike around but I can't hear or see it.

So if you received the shipment notification, it's only a matter of days. Exciting!!

Z

Zaf

Nope, no full length. I don't have a pic, but can take one tomorrow when I take it to the lbs. It's the #26 and #1 part in this diagram https://www.canyon.com/downloads/supportcenter/Strive_CF_M27-16_BOM.pdf

It's potentially inside the frame, as I have no idea how it came off from underneath the downtube protector. I've bounced and shaken the bike around but I can't hear or see it.

So if you received the shipment notification, it's only a matter of days. Exciting!!
Looks like there might be an initial pull down of the bike, and some longer setup. Ever notice any noise from the cable routing? I might pull that out, fully cable house it and put some cable foam around it all, grease the bearings, frame kit it, etc, etc, etc.

Still, pretty excited for it all.

Just changed over the rims and tyres on my commuter bike, 26" rims with hookworm tyres on it. Should be smooth riding on the Eastlink track home, bit cold though.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Looks like there might be an initial pull down of the bike, and some longer setup. Ever notice any noise from the cable routing? I might pull that out, fully cable house it and put some cable foam around it all, grease the bearings, frame kit it, etc, etc, etc.

Still, pretty excited for it all.
Yeah, do it. When it gets pretty rough there can be a bit of noise from the cables bouncing around. Get some frame kit too. I don't have one and just put some nice scratches on the frame on the weekend.

I was just so eager to ride I haven't done any of that prep work!

Z

Zaf

Yeah, do it. When it gets pretty rough there can be a bit of noise from the cables bouncing around. Get some frame kit too. I don't have one and just put some nice scratches on the frame on the weekend.

I was just so eager to ride I haven't done any of that prep work!
The AMS frame skins arrived this week, Crankin hooked me up again.

Still trying to figure out if I risk the RSC's being new revision and reliable, or throw the Saints on. The RSC does feel great, and interfaces quite neatly with the SRAM cockpit elements.

Still, take my time, set it up right from the get go. Not like I don't have other great bikes to ride in the mean time.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
The AMS frame skins arrived this week, Crankin hooked me up again.

Still trying to figure out if I risk the RSC's being new revision and reliable, or throw the Saints on. The RSC does feel great, and interfaces quite neatly with the SRAM cockpit elements.

Still, take my time, set it up right from the get go. Not like I don't have other great bikes to ride in the mean time.
Tell me more about the frame skin. Been looking for some for my Spectral.