What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Legs of steel!

Or more likely, a rock hit (from one thrown up from the trail - I've never ground the 'ring out on an obstacle) and then a later fracture failure.

To be honest, I don't bloody know! Threw me on the ground though...

Matt_V

Likes Bikes
Getting ready for a Buller trip and decided to refresh the tyres, stans fluid and rim tape.
All were totally stuffed.
I bought the Light Bicycle Wheelset on here and the hits just keep on coming from that purchase.
After dealing with the front hub held together with cloth tape a few months back (in fairness the tape was included for free and kindly not mentioned in the advert for a bit of added surprise which everyone enjoys in second hand purchases) I spent this afternoon removing the cloth tape adhesive from the rim. I know using cloth tape seems to be an accepted ghetto alternative, but it's properly rough. Use the proper tape if you don't want to spend hours removing tape adhesive with copious quantities of goo remover and elbow grease.

Next up was scrubbing dried goo out of old Big Betty which worked out ok.

Things really hit a high point when I had to cut the old 'the tyres included in the sale are ok/totally fu(ked' Hans Dampf off the front wheel after the bead and rim had become one.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Saturday was camping up at a mates place near Tallarook… for a surprise 50th. He’s got a lot of land and trail bikes, so there are dirt bike (moto) trails everywhere… so, we had a couple of mtb rides on them. A fair bit of it was very doable and fun, while some sections of it were extremely tough and no way were we riding it.

Today, when we headed home, instead of going the usual back way, we came down the Hume and dropped into Plenty Gorge. Some great trails there and the trail fairies have been busy, lots of new features. For me some were doable, some… na. Took a wrong turn at one stage and found a whole other area we’d never ridden before. The cold beer in the car heading home was necessary.

Here's a pic of some Tallarook trails.

Attachments

moorey

call me Mia
Just back from 4 day weekend at Buller, where, among other things, my 11yo smashed out a full epic loop, as well as now outriding me down abom. Leaving him home next year.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Packed up the big rig for a day of pushing it up and riding it down. I looked down at the new bike and wished it was ready for action...soon.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Knocked out 20km on the beach on the Muru before breakfast. Between the wind and soft sand it was a workout. For me anyway. The bacon tasted especially good after.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Missed morning blat due to the rain and and an early morning con call. I'm tempted to sneak off now before Xmas beerage in the city late this afternoon.
It is just damn warm and humid out there now.

Or just ditch it today and go tomorrow morning for a bit of a longer one.

Why do the MTB'ing gods give me these choices............ I won't say anything bad in case they know the puncture gods real well and I paid homage to that cause last week :mmph:

BT180

Max Pfaff
Finally got my Float X in the sweet spot. Perfect sag, nice and plush for 80% of my riding. Only issue now is that I'm bottoming out on the big hits. Time for some volume spacers....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Packed up the big rig for a day of pushing it up and riding it down. I looked down at the new bike and wished it was ready for action...soon.
Not wrong about it being hot and humid! At one stage I thought I was going to puke just pushing up to the top. Bring on the cooler weather!

The ride was awesome...

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Missed morning blat due to the rain and and an early morning con call. I'm tempted to sneak off now before Xmas beerage in the city late this afternoon.
It is just damn warm and humid out there now.

Or just ditch it today and go tomorrow morning for a bit of a longer one.

Why do the MTB'ing gods give me these choices............ I won't say anything bad in case they know the puncture gods real well and I paid homage to that cause last week :mmph:
Not wrong about it being hot and humid! At one stage I thought I was going to puke just pushing up to the top. Bring on the cooler weather!

The ride was awesome...
Pfft hot & humid.

I had my last proper ride before moving back to Melbs. Will not be missing the humidity for a split second. Pushed hard solo to start, joined a slower regular crew for a bit & bumped into another faster group as I was finishing up. No smashing any records on the final ride but it was great to catch a load of other people I have ridden with over the past few years. For all the half arsed trails & torrential rain, I've met some good people riding over here & whatever the pace, we've had a laugh.

Bring the cold. Bring the dry

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pfft hot & humid.

I had my last proper ride before moving back to Melbs. Will not be missing the humidity for a split second. Pushed hard solo to start, joined a slower regular crew for a bit & bumped into another faster group as I was finishing up. No smashing any records on the final ride but it was great to catch a load of other people I have ridden with over the past few years. For all the half arsed trails & torrential rain, I've met some good people riding over here & whatever the pace, we've had a laugh.

Bring the cold. Bring the dry
The end of Singapore?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Pfft hot & humid.

Hey, I've rode at Burkit Timah too. I have a friend that lived in Newton for about 5 years so snuck off for ride there a few times.

I don't mind the humidity of SG that much - I sort of got used to it but didn't get to ride all the time when I was in SG either.
Do you do the road rides around the island?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Started the 8 year olds Christmas build with the first coat of paint.
Memories... I built #1's first dually in the ensuite. Waiting for bits it was there for about four weeks. Wife was well sick of it by the time Christmas came along. The last few bits came off his hardtail Christmas Eve. The look in his eyes once he had taken it in on Christmas morning... worth every second of the build and the inconvenience.

Well done.