What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Just greased my headset, after it started creaking like an old wooden ship.

Typical new factory assembled bike - not even enough grease in there to cover your foreskin.
That shit just shouldn't make it to the show room floor. Years ago when I worked at a shop during assembly we pulled down and greased relevant bearings as required which were generally headset, hubs and bb (bmx).

I was disgusted that my wifes $3500 mtb had a ball bearing no grease headset. FFS it wasnt even floor stock it was a special order straight sale and the extra 1% wasn't given. I fixed it but given the amount of checking and tensioning I did when we got it I would rather have gotten it in the box.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
That's great... how's the hip?
Pretty good, mostly just stiff and a bit achy and some muscles/tendons still need some work recovering from the surgery - but I'm not in pain as such anymore which is fucking amazing after so many years of it!

pliskin

Likes Dirt
went to Mt Stromlo, rode the short xc loop to the top and back to carpark. was surprised at how smooth the track has become, a lot of the small rocks and trail features have been smashed or removed.
wanst expecting the guy taking photos to be lying on the ground, normally he is sitting in a chair at the last main jump. kinda put me off .

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Cheeky day trip to stromlo, 4 1/2 hrs riding around havin a ball. First time down on the scout, halot more fun than the reign.

60mm stem is staying on, felt alot more balanced on the bike, and deffinately helped weighting the fron through the corners.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Finished putting together my new singlespeed and took it out in exceptional test conditions for the new winter bike :p

I was sceptical about steel actually having nicer ride qualities than aluminium, but since I was committing to the ss thing properly I couldn't see the harm I aiming for steel. I'm surprised at the difference! I mean it's nothing like riding a full suspension bike, but it's not like riding an aluminium hardtail either. Pretty chuffed with this thing, I still much prefer my spider but if the weather isn't great I'll have no issues giving the monocog a run...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
This morning I installed a new Rocket Ron on the Stumpy, as I trashed one last week end… and redid the Bears tape while I was at it and it went up sweet with just a floor-pump. Then we rode Lysty, which must have taken a serious downpour, because it was wet as. We started off dry, but got rained on mid-way… still good fun though, as the trails were super grippy, unlike the roots… but just square them off. The bikes got filthy so a good wash was in order.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Stripped, cleaned lubed and rebiult the Tranny just now, ready to bag up and ship off to NZ on Friday for the TransNZ which I am equal parts excited about and petrified of...

Attachments

Last edited:

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stripped, cleaned lubed and rebiult the Tranny just now, ready to bag up and ship off to NZ on Friday for the TransNZ which I am equal parts excited about and petrified of...
Fck dude, so sick. So jealous. Have a great ride, ya bastid.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Downgraded my derby / hope fancy wheelset to some flow mk3 / hope wheels. Bought a ragley piglet frame and a mattoc expert to build a hard tail because am hard tails are rad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Downgraded my derby / hope fancy wheelset to some flow mk3 / hope wheels. Bought a ragley piglet frame and a mattoc expert to build a hard tail because am hard tails are rad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the plan for the Derbys?

Last edited:

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's the plan for the Derbys?
Derby's are up for sale for what i paid for them. Only half assed listed them on gumtree because i don't have any good photos and am in Europe, but a bloke was keen and is coming round on Sunday to grab them. *hopefully

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Derby's are up for sale for what i paid for them. Only half assed listed them on gumtree because i don't have any good photos and am in Europe, but a bloke was keen and is coming round on Sunday to grab them. *hopefully
Or scope your house out for future reference.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Holy Christ, those bars make me want to punch a small child.
Lol. A little too busy for your liking? I like em anyway, something a bit different.

Here's the full picture for you, just in case you have more small children around you want get rid of....

20170220_142549_crop_1035x262.jpg

Olie1584

Likes Dirt
I gave myself a stans shower while prying a well seated minion SS off. It was... sticky.

Replaced it with and aggressor and went for a ride.

Much more betterer tyre for loose, rocky adelaide trails.