What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Did what all the other nsw cool kids did.. Drove to Canberra in hope of catching some dry trails!

B-line @ stromlo is always a fave. As is ww/pb/DD.

We also went out to Maj for some late arvo shreds. First ever run on rock lobster. Love the pine needles on the track making for a party out back hehe
Saw you out there. Fun day!

slowmick

38-39"
Kenoath. You in?
Sadly no, I went for my 3rd bike ride since September today. It was a long slow lap of lysterfield. seems it going to be a long road back to fitness. Think i'll aim for Summer. (or maybe the Ignition Festival if i can get my cash sorted).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sadly no, I went for my 3rd bike ride since September today. It was a long slow lap of lysterfield. seems it going to be a long road back to fitness. Think i'll aim for Summer. (or maybe the Ignition Festival if i can get my cash sorted).
If you get your cash sorted, build up your stash...a month of two of heavy speed use, some beats, and the bike will have you back on track in no time.

Ideate

What's wrong with it ?

No problems here.
Don't notice the gaping difference in the bottom right rotor bolt hole? Their tap threading machine must have pulled out too quick or something. I'll either have to wait a month for a replacement or tap a slightly larger hole for a bigger bolt. I'll probably keep it forever so I suppose resale value doesn't matter that much.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Don't notice the gaping difference in the bottom right rotor bolt hole? Their tap threading machine must have pulled out too quick or something. I'll either have to wait a month for a replacement or tap a slightly larger hole for a bigger bolt. I'll probably keep it forever so I suppose resale value doesn't matter that much.
I see it now that you've pointed it out, hole too big to helicoil is it ?

I would still ask for a new hub though.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Took on a run on the new wheels. The extra 5mm width is very nice as far as traction goes and it climbs better, but man do they feel slow! Got home after a 2hr ride and my HR average was 173 as opposed to 143 for the same loop at around the same average km/h... :yield:
Do wheels "loosen" up? :faint:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's a bit annoying. I'd be hitting up the supplier for a remedy.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Took on a run on the new wheels. The extra 5mm width is very nice as far as traction goes and it climbs better, but man do they feel slow! Got home after a 2hr ride and my HR average was 173 as opposed to 143 for the same loop at around the same average km/h... :yield:
Do wheels "loosen" up? :faint:
You might need to go to a different rear Tyre. It's a bit of a compromise but I run semi slick type tyres on the Am bike as I do a fair bit of climbing to get to the top and then need to climb back out.

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
You might need to go to a different rear Tyre. It's a bit of a compromise but I run semi slicks type tyres on the Am bike as I do a fair bit of climbing to get to the top and then need to climb back out.
Maybe? I did fit a 2.4 Ardent to replace the Hans Dampf that was on there. I was quite amazed at how slow the bike felt though in comparison to "normal"

Ideate

Check the diameter of the hole. M5 helicoil requires a 5.2mm hole. If that is smaller then a helicoil is a quick fix. Kits from usual auto style places or Jaycar
Still waiting on a reply from Hope and CRC to see who has the better offer. Otherwise I'll tap a bigger slug into there or drill and helicoil.

mtb1611

Seymour
Was intending to hit the gym as the weather didn't look too promising. Decided instead to head to the regional park over the road and do an hour or so just doing laps of the 2.5km management trail. Second lap, bottom of the hill, hooked into the right hander, grabbed a bit of brake, tyres dug in almost immediately and I got thrown sideways off the bike. Nasty cut to the knee. Kept riding for another 45 min and by the time I'd cleaned up and headed down to the medical centre they'd closed! Butterfly bandage it is then..... Should've just gone to the gym......!

IMG_3220.jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner
Was intending to hit the gym as the weather didn't look too promising. Decided instead to head to the regional park over the road and do an hour or so just doing laps of the 2.5km management trail. Second lap, bottom of the hill, hooked into the right hander, grabbed a bit of brake, tyres dug in almost immediately and I got thrown sideways off the bike. Nasty cut to the knee. Kept riding for another 45 min and by the time I'd cleaned up and headed down to the medical centre they'd closed! Butterfly bandage it is then..... Should've just gone to the gym......!

View attachment 338301
Still a better day than at the gym, a scrub out and you're good to go.

mtb1611

Seymour
Damn, that area looks familiar. It will buff out but you won't be walking fast today

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
William Howe Reserve. Funny, went out last night with friends and their daughter came with us; she's 25 and a recently qualified surgeon. She wanted to have a look at it so back at their place at 1:00am she busted out the surgical gear and gave it a good clean out as I sat in their kitchen in my undies, the Mrs and our friends all finding it very amusing in their various states of inebriation haha! Just as well, I'd apparently missed a few decent sized pieces of gravel.

IMG_3256.JPG

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Great to have your own home surgeon. Hope you don't need her services too much. You will be fine tomorrow, well almost

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk