What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slowmick

38-39"
That's really shit @Lazmo .

Is it the last 50 meters between the comm games track on the road? We ride that bit, always have but sounds like it is time to give it up.

Hope recovery comes quickly and fully.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
got out to the youies for a couple quik cressy runs on th4 flats, super scary - - the flats are holding ok, but i am still sacred to be on them which is affecting my riding
i did have 1 foot bounce off on the longer rock garden, they are giving me the most trouble

then got out with the geelong boys for a 40km 1000vet gravel ride in the brisbane ranges near steiglitz

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
got out to the youies for a couple quik cressy runs on th4 flats, super scary - - the flats are holding ok, but i am still sacred to be on them which is affecting my riding
i did have 1 foot bounce off on the longer rock garden, they are giving me the most trouble

then got out with the geelong boys for a 40km 1000vet gravel ride in the brisbane ranges near steiglitz
Just gotta persevere. It'll come together eventually, amazing how hard it is after years clipped in though!

You riding a hardtail or dually? I still get a bit slippy and skippy on rough stuff on a hardtail, but stick like glue on the duallies.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

Just gotta persevere. It'll come together eventually, amazing how hard it is after years clipped in though!

You riding a hardtail or dually? I still get a bit slippy and skippy on rough stuff on a hardtail,
on duallie

at the minute it’s a confidence thing in my head, flats havn’t been too problematic but my brain is telling me ride w caution on everything..coming off s real low (slow) base but took 45secs off my cressy time

link1896

Mr Greenfield

Is it the last 50 meters between the comm games track on the road? We ride that bit, always have but sounds like it is time to give it up.

I’m confused. I though the George Michael carpark was the 24 hour one over at the Horswood Rd roundabout?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless

slowmick... at the top of Hug, if you head down the fire road from the George Michael loo/water tap and hang left onto the single track that goes to the right hand turn on the Comm games... that bit, is now one way, according to the map and the guy I hit. No one bothered to tell eleventy million riders going the other way...

Photos from both perspectives... neither says one way.

7CEDD72E-162B-4263-9EED-861FA6DAB7D1.png

25AB5E88-A44C-4CB8-81BD-902F78FF21A7.png

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
slowmick... at the top of Hug, if you head down the fire road from the George Michael loo/water tap and hang left onto the single track that goes to the right hand turn on the Comm games... that bit, is now one way, according to the map and the guy I hit. No one bothered to tell eleventy million riders going the other way...

View attachment 358352

View attachment 358353
It's funny how one way trails somehow means you don't have to look anymore

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
This is in my future for my partners bike. She wants a step through bike that looks “pretty” with a basket. This is my compromise, basket off the forks. Might build her up the old Sworks stumpjumper.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Or - and stop me if this sounds crazy - you could build her what she wants, instead of building what you want her to have, then coming back here and complaining that she hates it and won't ride it?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

View attachment 358352

View attachment 358353
Isn't that last single track bit the end of Comm Games, as it is what allows you to do another lap? How can it be one way the other way, especially as it doesn't led to anything?
I could understand them making it one way from the carpark to the Comms Game turn, and then one way the other way from the road crossing up to the same turn, but you'd need damn good signage.

I usually ride up that track, but cut up onto the road just past the log where someone put in an access point

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

You weren't one of the 4 or 5 guys stopped near the first rock section early yesterday when I rode by asking if all was ok were you?

Managed to get a few really good runs of Cresseys yesterday for the first time since my massive crash in the rock garden 3 months ago, so felt really good about myself and my bike again. I've switched back to cleats from flats, as I think part of my issue on the crash were myf eet bouncing off the pedals

Daniel Hale

You weren't one of the 4 or 5 guys stopped near the first rock section early yesterday when I rode by asking if all was ok were you?
nope, was by myself, was that group the se asian guys, i passed one walking on a 7% section as i rode past on SS, others were waiting at top

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Or - and stop me if this sounds crazy - you could build her what she wants, instead of building what you want her to have, then coming back here and complaining that she hates it and won't ride it?

This is a very strange concept you propose

Seriously, comfort needs to come first to develop confidence. Ever ridden a step through? They are a piece of shit