What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
wait, what? @beeb sold another Ripmo?
Afraid so mate, it (I hope but don't want to actually check) funded my new bike.

I found it was overkill for my riding. Where it could go flat out I couldn't. @hifiandmtb was fairly keen and may have mentioned that interest once or twice, or...

And hifi get those XC flat bars off the ol' beastie and get some risers on it A.S.AP!

PS: I think the polished silver anno theme will look horn AF.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Took the beautiful girlfriend for a ride on a new track. She moaned the whole climb, which she walked 80% off then did a really good job on the decent. Hit a few of the small drops and did an excellent job of the rough bits and was very proud of her.
Then bought a giant talon for the step-son on the way home. Paid $200 which is more than i like but will hopefully make his riding easier, especially once we replace the stem.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
you were royally rodgered on the price yes?
Obviously you'll never get full retail value on the used market, so a not insubstantial sum of money was lost for me to buy new and sell used - but I'd say the price was agreeable for both parties. It's pretty much as new so it should be a good bike for him for years to come.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Obviously you'll never get full retail value on the used market, so a not insubstantial sum of money was lost for me to buy new and sell used - but I'd say the price was agreeable for both parties. It's pretty much as new so it should be a good bike for him for years to come.
Seeing as we seem to like the same shit i need a full list of your possessions so I can stake my claims!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
picked up my $20 frame off Fleabay, and started the pump track bike build .....good score!
View attachment 359401
My first real mtb right there! great bike, I rode that bloody thing everywhere. Most notably to 4th place interschools 4X in threadbo. Did a few state DH races too. love it!

That's also the Kona Cowan top end frame from a few years prior. the OG stuffs had vertical drop outs, not the sliding ones on this. And no tabs for a giro