What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Well I put it back together again.

What a shambles of a day, but it's all good.

My pack went AWOL during the Melbourne tranship. Excellent service from Virgin to send a rather sexy courier to drive it over to Derby, when it eventually turned up in Launceston.

Our flight was delayed over an hour because the rain was horrendous. The drive from launceston to Derby was held up by fallen trees across the road, and when we arrived NONE of us could get into our respective accommodations because of various fudgescicles. Water was teeming everywhere.

Once we got access to one of the accommodations, we hit the turps. What else is there to do? As all accom's came on line, we headed to crazy cat woman's pub, to give her a coin and breath in the rat infested stench, then hit the Dorset.

The rain has now stopped, I'm ensconced in my cheap, comfortable cocoon, and getting prepped for slightly less than hero dirt tomorrow.

In a Hunter S Thompson kinda way I'm loving it, but really hoping for some gnar over the next few days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Just down the same road from where we stayed. One reason for us flying Jetstar was avoiding the transfer in Melb. Glad you are good for tomorrow!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Their valves are mint too. Really high flow, and don't seem to gum as quickly as the cheapies. Cheapies are way better VFM still though.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
yeah I realised recently when I went to top up my sealant that I didn't have any core removers so I thought id grab some nipples

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Made what I hope is my last attempt at taping my rear Spank Trail 295 rim so that it actually holds air and sealant.

Also swapped pedals between the hardtail and the dually. The former goes with clips while the later goes with flats.

I may also admit to fitting a front derailleur onto the hardtail...

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I got my tool kit from CRC today. I didn't have an account and got a $20 discount (spend $100) for "my first order" :oops:. So I got some Nukeproof composite pedals, some mudguards, and a chain tensioner added on for a total of $100.47. Free shipping too.

Another 5 minute job (fit chain tensioner) turned into a 3 hour ordeal. Should be in the fuckwits thread. Quick link refused to play. After a good ten minutes of jiggling, using pliers, then gear cable ..... ended up tying the cable to the fence and gripping the other end with vice grips ..... a few serious yanks later it came apart .....

Another tensioner that doesn't like my bike. When used as prescribed it pushed the chain up onto the chainstay. That was a quick easy fix though. It's a rerailleur now.

Mudguards ($1.87 ea) I needed to make the $99 free delivery after the $20 discount took me too low. Don't like them. Seems to be more mud on the bike than on the underside of the guards. o_O

Pedals .... fark! They has grip for dayz. No shuffling for position on these plates. Same price that I paid for Odyssey Twisted composite BMX pedals. (~$35)....no comparison at all ... worlds apart.

Also got a new stem from @fatboyonabike today. Decided to put that on while I was at it, which inspired me to (finally) cut my steerer tube. :eek:
That wasn't as scary as I'd led myself to believe. Cockpit extension is perfect.

Even got a bonus packet of lollies. So I ate them and took my bike for a ride in the mud.

Attachments

FigBo0T

Reckon the mudguard is on backwards... probably doesn't help with the Manitou style bridge being backwards, maybe make some new holes.

.....fuckwits thread :p
Maybe that's why they don't deflect much mud?:( I started to put the front one on the opposite way, but it didn't want to play, so I broke protocol and followed the destructions.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I went to Nerang with a mate that's pretty fit on a roadbike who just got a MTB. We had both been in nerang separately with experienced riders but thought we could make it work. Got so damn lost. Ended up doing about 15kms, I was rooted, he was still trying to pop wheelies up hills. Got some serious work to do.

Then I snapped my key off in my bike rack. Lame.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Maybe that's why they don't deflect much mud?:( I started to put the front one on the opposite way, but it didn't want to play, so I broke protocol and followed the destructions.
those mud guards dont really stop your bike getting muddy.. the front one, when fitted correctly is pretty good at stopping most of the mud from hitting you in the face though. i occasionaly fit a rear one to try and stop mud making its way into rear suspension linkages, not sure it does very much but it makes me feel better about riding in the mud.

FigBo0T

those mud guards dont really stop your bike getting muddy.. the front one, when fitted correctly is pretty good at stopping most of the mud from hitting you in the face though. i occasionaly fit a rear one to try and stop mud making its way into rear suspension linkages, not sure it does very much but it makes me feel better about riding in the mud.
In my defense .... front isn't specified for guard, or bike.

It's open to free expression, I reckon. I'm mulleting my mudguard, bro.