What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Fitted 180mm rotor instead of 160 on the front of the Niner (cheers wkkie for adapter!), found pads were almost to metal so changed them over too.

Discovered whilst pushing pistons back in that Shimano brakes evidently have a pressure release port... must have overbled them last time which would explain pistons being stubborn on going back in, sprayed mineral oil all over the bench. :rolleyes: Thought i'd busted em, live and learn I guess.
how do you overbleed?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how do you overbleed?
Instead of bleeding properly last time, left pads/wheel in and just popped the top open with the funnel on and fluid in it, then spent a while getting all the air bubbles out. With pads being fairly worn, pistons were extended quite a bit so am assuming (?) that there was more fluid in there than if you were to bleed with a bleedblock. Pistons wouldn't retract all the way so applied a bit of force (safely, mind) - pop went the relief valve.

Rode em today and seems fine, biting as per normal & not leaking any more fluid. Speaking of, don't think i've actually shared a pic of the Niner. @Ackland's old Jet 9 RDO frame, not as boutique/unique as it has been in the past, but man is it an absolute pleasure to ride. On flats temporarily - clips were making my currently dodgy back worse.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Went for a ride whilst the car was getting fixed. The Twinzer is perfect for this sort of shit...

Especially since I appear to have either lost my nerve or altered my risk/reward mechanism to the point where I didn't feel comfortable doing a ~3 metre drop down a steepish rock slab on a very eroded firetrail...so I walked it!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Especially since I appear to have either lost my nerve or altered my risk/reward mechanism to the point where I didn't feel comfortable doing a ~3 metre drop down a steepish rock slab on a very eroded firetrail...so I walked it!
This is mountain biking for me these days...

I still ride some stuff that would hurt if I got it wrong, but way less than just a few years ago... I don’t want to compromise just being able to ride at all.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Na, I just stood way up there... and threw the bike in
Did you count the ripples to see how deep it is?

Went for a ride whilst the car was getting fixed. The Twinzer is perfect for this sort of shit...

On that bike, walking a 3m isn't cowardly it is wise.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
This is mountain biking for me these days...

I still ride some stuff that would hurt if I got it wrong, but way less than just a few years ago... I don’t want to compromise just being able to ride at all.
When The Lad's first response to finding out I'd been on the mountain bike is always "Did you crash?", it's little wonder that my mind is often winning the battle against wing and a prayer MTB decision making these days...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The bike and my ability to exploit its limited capabilities was certainly a factor in my consideration...as was the fact that no-one would find my corpse until it was a bit more whiffy.
There was a trend a few years back to put day-glo on the base of snowboards + skis + boots etc. I thought it looked cool when a board had a bit of a link halo in the pow. Anyway one of the brands ran a slogan something like "in an avalanche you'll probably still die, but you'll be easier to find in spring." Maybe some day-glo tyres?

Minlak

custom titis
When The Lad's first response to finding out I'd been on the mountain bike is always "Did you crash?", it's little wonder that my mind is often winning the battle against wing and a prayer MTB decision making these days...
Hahaha when I tell people I’m doing a video they all ask if I will get the crash on camera this time - when I bump into people socially they ask how many crashes I have had not if I I have been riding still.