What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Used a hammer on the car.

Bearing press is an Ibis OEM one for the eccentric linkage Ripley. Has a lot of niceness about it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tried riding the skatepark the other week for the first time in ages... got maybe 6in above the coping in the 6” ramp and was like “nope fuck this I don’t do this anymore.” Need to find some good DJs instead.
I have myself some epic rear tyre hook on the coping of a now demolished quarter pipe a little while back. Last move of a very mellow session with a mate and his boys...a casual (almost) 180 (probably more like a 20) and slammed the back end down just past the coping re-entering, followed by a spectacular over the bars. Kids love a good crash...they cheered louder than any of my better riding.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
So, the ceramic bearing casings are made of some kind of plastic :rolleyes: this means when I tighten the small bolt that holds the jockey wheels in place, it squashes the plastic inner casing and causes the jockey to stop turning.

The other jockeys I ordered have a regular sealed 689RS bearing in them, no play and again spin beautifully. I popped the seal off and added some more grease as there was not much in there.

Now I can tighten the jockey bolt nice and snug and the jockey wheels spins freely.

Conclusion- The ceramic bearings are shit, they have no seal and cannot be tightened correctly, only 1 small ride on the sealed bearings so far and the feel the same as the ceramic jockeys but are sealed and can be tightened.

Also, they were half the price at $2.01 each

View attachment 372507
Sigh. I won't even bother fitting now...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
And there's moar!!!

Mate popped in to do a brake swapsies (Level Ultimate for M8000 XT) on his ChiTi SS, spec'd with 27.5" wide rims on CK hubs, RF carbon bars & some other choice bits.

Internal cable routing with no inner tube so we came up with the idea of using a gear cable inner to push right through the SRAM hose, remove the hose & feed the XT hose back over the gear cable. Worked a bloody treat! Full gravity bleed later & she's perfect.

He wants to move back to 29" wheels though - these enormous tyres are plush as fuck but there's not much excitement in the ride.

That's it - no more spannering today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
And there's moar!!!

View attachment 372517

View attachment 372518

Mate popped in to do a brake swapsies (Level Ultimate for M8000 XT) on his ChiTi SS, spec'd with 27.5" wide rims on CK hubs, RF carbon bars & some other choice bits.

Internal cable routing with no inner tube so we came up with the idea of using a gear cable inner to push right through the SRAM hose, remove the hose & feed the XT hose back over the gear cable. Worked a bloody treat! Full gravity bleed later & she's perfect.

He wants to move back to 29" wheels though - these enormous tyres are plush as fuck but there's not much excitement in the ride.

That's it - no more spannering today!
Lucky enough to get a magic gear, or does it have an eccentric BB?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Also put Tannus armour in my wife's cruiser e-bike front tyre, first go at fitting it. Easy install after watching the youtube, and 30lbs in the tube feels like 50+. She'll never get a flat on her commuter (got 2x armour) which is great. Reckon I might get the toobless version for my MTB.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx if I ever manage to wear out a set of jockey wheels I'll be buying the stock ones that came with the derailluer.
I have several sets of stockies here, a full GX and NX 12spd gear set.... I would be embarrassed to even sell them, not ozzy recommended products :p

#wonteventakeadvantagofcovid

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I'm totally trashed from working around the clock with vintage, so haven't been on the bike, but with a Derby trip fast approaching, I did a full service.

Greasing the switch infinity, and putting on new grips and brake pads is a full service, isn't it?

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Otway Odyssey done and dusted.

Can't say I'm enamoured with the course. I get it's one of the harder races in the series, and for an XC racer I'm quite chonky, and quite amateur, but really, it felt like climbing for the sake of climbing, then only descending because they ran out hill to go up. The 50% of the first 40km was on bitumen, with the other half fire road.

I probably went a little hard a little early, so by the last 25km anything that broke my momentum going up had me grinding in 1st gear, or walking.

So hopefully this year was just a 15 year anniversary special, and they'll revert back to what they did last year. If they don't, I'll happily come down for just the 50km

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
it felt like climbing for the sake of climbing, then only descending because they ran out hill to go up. The 50% of the first 40km was on bitumen, with the other half fire road.
Ahhh.. Wild Dog Road, and the shit that follows, its a fair climby start.

From 2009 till about 2014 we had this apartment, the shuttle to Forrest rather than the ride made us shift to the Wonky Donkey rip off caravan park.
The climb is shit but the food and beer after at AB is awesome.

Well done @Cardy George the Odyssey is always a hard day out.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I have several sets of stockies here, a full GX and NX 12spd gear set.... I would be embarrassed to even sell them, not ozzy recommended products :p

#wonteventakeadvantagofcovid
Oh ok, all mine have Shimano written on them and the two SRAM bikes (Mrs bike and son's old bike aka spare bike) are 2010 era.