What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Yeah 300m vertical at Kalamunda no worries but 150m at a constant rate is sapping. I’m running DHF/Aggressor at 2.5 so similar, but it feels like dragging a sled behind me
I’m recovering on the couch this arvo and came across this vid. I’m definitely guilty of trying to push too hard a gear.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Went out to Kowen on the Trance for some XC kms. The relatively new loop put the back where they put back trail lost in harvesting a couple of years ago isn’t being used at all - totally overgrown and doesn’t look like anyone has ridden it this year. Bloody hell its so nice and quiet though - bliss.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Beach is good. Got out there the other day as well.

View attachment 382347View attachment 382348
Yep, it’s fun for sure… it’s a bit of a thing, finding the rideable sand. Sometimes near the water’s edge is best, other times the opposite is true, but a laugh finding it out.

We also tried every beach track that lead to the water, and most of them ended up in private property. Ba bum… turn around. But it was still fun finding out. One place was off its face amazing.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A 6:30am start at the Youies as I had an hour before life took over again. First time on proper single track since 5 August. So good to be back out again. I left around 8:15 and the carpark was starting to fill up, with a lot of cars with bikes hanging off them also spotted on the highway.
Say what you will about carbon, but it's nice to know that when you're carrying a few too many extra lockdown kilos, the bike isn't!
First proper ride on the Django after switching from SRAM to Shimano. I like the feel more, now just need to isolate and fix all the creaking

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Built my first ever wheel.

Was just a hack job, firstly to see if I could do it, 2ndly to create a spare rear for my hardtail.
Combined stuffed front hub with rear smashed rim. Some how fluked the correct dish and has come out straighter than it was as a front rim lol.
View attachment 382334View attachment 382335
I have a sneaking suspicion that this won't be your last either..in the right mindset, it can be quite therapeutic

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have a sneaking suspicion that this won't be your last either..in the right mindset, it can be quite therapeutic
I built my first as a high school kid back in the 12th century. No money to buy a new wheel and I buckled the front so badly it barely turned in the forks. Grabbed a spare rim (27"!) from a mate for hard labour and set about making a new wheel. Made a frame from timber to hold the axle and position the wheel in the right place ish and it fucking worked! So satisfying. Then made tuckshop money rebuilding and straightening wheels for a while.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
A 6:30am start at the Youies as I had an hour before life took over again. First time on proper single track since 5 August. So good to be back out again. I left around 8:15 and the carpark was starting to fill up, with a lot of cars with bikes hanging off them also spotted on the highway.
Got here at 9am. It was full. Did two laps of the carpark and a hiker who was coming back to his car have me a wave. Score. Thanks whoever that was!

But fuck me. Couldn't even get part way up the track to the start of boulder. Completely fucked me out had to walk most of it. I'm literally spent after one trail. Having a rest before I go back out.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Not my bike, but got some 'product testing' in yesterday at Youies... I have to say I'm really enjoying e-power!

Anyone got a spare 10k they'd like to give away?
I want my own. :Do_O

Giving the GoPro Max a crack in Hero Mode with Max SuperView, Max Hypersmooth and Horizon Levelling.

Software stabilisation is pretty impressive on a chesty.

Haakon

Missed the tiger snake on the trail at Stromlo. Lucky snake… He was just over a double so I had zero time to react and would probably have run him over if he’d been a few more inches across :(

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tried to buy my wife a flatbar road bike. Saw one in stock with good specs so roadtrip. Thought 105 11 speed was the spec to go for. Surprised when she said it was stiff but she was right, it was awful. Tried other brands that ran sora or mtb shifters and all were nice. Am i missing something ? Shop said they tried other bikes with 105 triggers and they're all like that.

Last edited:

Haakon

Tried to buy my wife a flatbar road bike. Saw one in stick with good specs so roadtrip. Thought 105 11 speed was the spec to go for. Surprised when she said it was stiff but she was right, it was awful. Tried ither brands that ransora or mtv shifters and all were nice. Am i missing something ? Shop said they tried other bikes with 105 triggers and theyre all like that.
I’ve got an Ultegra flat bar shifter on Kirsty’s Soma and it’s lovely.

Shimano shifters in general I’ve found to be super sensitive to cable routing and type. Kirsty’s Soma is super old school with exposed inner on the downtube and chainstay, so not much to bind. Last time I had XT 11 speed it was pretty horrible most of the time with a complex long routing that Anthem had.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Took #2 son out to a trail network called Pewsey, its been around for years but recently got a bit of work due to the loss of Fox Creek. Big rocks, steep, rough, rugged and natural... no photos as I'm still testing GoPro Hero 10 settings. Fckn awesome place, we'll be back.