What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

curmi

Likes Bikes
I missed my old Ethirteen loud hub so put extra springs and bent them upwards to make it louder on my pro hub 4 hubs lol I want people to hear me while I come down a track so they move over lol

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Daughter has started raiding the frames and bits to make her new xc bike...

Frame has a suspected crack, but she'll get some use before it's an issue. Had to bitsa build those forks for her, the rest is pretty easy going and she's done the bulk of the work herself.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
didn't you have a couple of Nomad's floating around at one point?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
#2 son's rear triangle finally arrived from Canyon. They are in a bad spot with delivery times and supply. Broken and sent email to them on the 11/7, got the triangle today, 3 months and 8 days later.

Son is now about 6' so the bike is too small. He's going to sell it BUT got the urge to ride it one last time... no maybe twice, he wants it Sat and Sun this weekend... no maybe 2 weeks dad huh ?

How about no ya clown, now get it cleaned within an inch of its life before you break something else and Canyon tells me to fekk off.

They have already replaced the frame twice, eventually giving him a Carbon front triangle, now the rear tri twice too.

Time to move it on.

20221019_134913.jpg

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
#2 son's rear triangle finally arrived from Canyon. They are in a bad spot with delivery times and supply. Broken and sent email to them on the 11/7, got the triangle today, 3 months and 8 days later.

Son is now about 6' so the bike is too small. He's going to sell it BUT got the urge to ride it one last time... no maybe twice, he wants it Sat and Sun this weekend... no maybe 2 weeks dad huh ?

How about no ya clown, now get it cleaned within an inch of its life before you break something else and Canyon tells me to fekk off.

They have already replaced the frame twice, eventually giving him a Carbon front triangle, now the rear tri twice too.

Time to move it on.

View attachment 393615
It really is such a shame the Canyon manufacturing is having such issues. It really looked like they were on a winner. Good looking bikes, great range and spec, pricing that blew everything out of the water, top shelf customer service. I really hope they get on top of it, and continue something that can really bring the overpriced, pay for the logo mentality to heel.

ozzybmx

It really is such a shame the Canyon manufacturing is having such issues. It really looked like they were on a winner. Good looking bikes, great range and spec, pricing that blew everything out of the water, top shelf customer service. I really hope they get on top of it, and continue something that can really bring the overpriced, pay for the logo mentality to heel.
Yeah they were going great for a while there.

I sent the email to them about the broken rear tri, got an email next day saying they were going to send me a new improved one ASAP.

Delays and issues with supply and paint, apologies... not a lot they can do. It's a shit sandwich all over the industry.

I've told numb nuts he needs to get something solid like a 18kg Commencal, Knolly or a Norco Sight.

ozzybmx

Steal from his inheritance and get him one of these. It'll laugh in the face of his feeble attempts to hurt it.
I wouldn't call his bluff on it ;)

Wrapping a derailleur around the rear wheel and gouging fork stanchions on a weekly basis can cause me enough pain.

The young mans ability to just make a good bike feel like shit, look like shit and just generally feel clapped it second to none.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I wouldn't call his bluff on it ;)

Wrapping a derailleur around the rear wheel and gouging fork stanchions on a weekly basis can cause me enough pain.

The young mans ability to just make a good bike feel like shit, look like shit and just generally feel clapped it second to none.
Tell him to stop bouncing off trees

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Ran over my sons bike last night :(
Luckily it was secondhand from his cousin and he has another one. Bent the one piece crank and mushed the pedal.
The kids were all playing over the road with the neighbours and I was watching them to make sure they didn't run out and I didn't see it

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Yeah they were going great for a while there.

I sent the email to them about the broken rear tri, got an email next day saying they were going to send me a new improved one ASAP.

Delays and issues with supply and paint, apologies... not a lot they can do. It's a shit sandwich all over the industry.

I've told numb nuts he needs to get something solid like a 18kg Commencal, Knolly or a Norco Sight.
Norco A-Line, he will never break it…or lift it without doing his back in!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Norco A-Line, he will never break it…or lift it without doing his back in!
Unless he gets one from the year Norco had to recall all the front triangles and replace them. While I was much happier about no ripping the head tube off and fucking myself up, the replacement head tube junction was not as pretty as the original.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ran over my sons bike last night :(
Luckily it was secondhand from his cousin and he has another one. Bent the one piece crank and mushed the pedal.
The kids were all playing over the road with the neighbours and I was watching them to make sure they didn't run out and I didn't see it
Well indeed better the bike than the kids. I hope there is a pretty big upgrade planned? Hand him down your bike and treat yourself!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Well indeed better the bike than the kids. I hope there is a pretty big upgrade planned? Hand him down your bike and treat yourself!
This was a secondhand one he got from his cousin (that he only learnt to pedal without stabilisers two weeks ago...) and normally stays at his grandparents but is at our house for some reason, and he has one we bought him too so no upgrade needed at the minute
I might be able to salvage it - just need the right size crank and some new pedals