What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Why have you taken a toy model of your bike with you?
You got to be really precise with your braking to time the front brake applications with the quarter of the disc that still exists.

Ah fake bokeh, thou are a heartless wench!

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
@Haakon but does it send?

Got back on it today, rode from home along the Centennial Trail to Stromlo with a mate Chris who has never MTB'd before who lives close and has skated with me for years. He had some knee trouble so wanted to ride, I loaned him wife's old 96 Mongoose to ride on paths but he rode a bit of the C trail last week and said he'd give it a go all the way to Stromlo if we stop at Handlebar. I upgraded him to Mrs old SC (he's shorter than Mrs) and we set off.

Then my other mate Ro and his 11 yo son came so we met at Stromlo and did Brittle Gums and Chris was cooked after 6k. We had a beer then young fella wanted to ride more, so he rode with me back home and Ro took Chris in the car back to mine for another beer. Good day.

Chris will buy a bike for sure, he's done dirt biking before and said this was so different and fun. Good result.

Then I went and hung the bikes in the spare room on the rack I got a while back. Satisfying.

20230107_200231.jpg

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Did some mix and matching with my brakes and put a set of Deore XT levers on that I acquired in a recent bartering exchange, thus creating a set of Shiktro brakes :p

Definitely a better lever feel (and shape) than the Tektro Orion levers and better bite too.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Did some mix and matching with my brakes and put a set of Deore XT levers on that I acquired in a recent bartering exchange, thus creating a set of Shiktro brakes :p

Definitely a better lever feel (and shape) than the Tektro Orion levers and better bite too.
More mad scientist stuff. Too good. :)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Daughter had her first cascades run today, she did fucking awesome. Sweated and complained on the climbs, but didn't stop. Got worried about some of the descent features, but tackled all but one.

It's a tough ride, she took it like a champion

And then there was the angry skinks and friendly swoopy chickens

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk