What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Another day, another coil spring modification at work. Pick up a Super firm CC Helm Coil spring and cut one coil off then closed and ground the end.

Installed it tonight. The Smuggler is now sporting 160mm travel up front and the perfect spring rate. Thursday ride for a proper shakedown.
But did you modify the spring perches to include buttercups?

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Picked up the Oneup EDC tool for the pump I got a while ago. Seems decent enough - if not a bit fiddly. Got the tyre plug and quick link tool as I was stuck on the trail the other day as I couldn't get another riders quick link undone - seems a bit pricey for the quick link pliers / plug attachment (Well the whole thing isn't cheap really) but not having one the other day nearly caused the ride to be aborted. Well shall see how if performs, likely sooner rather tan later as it seems #1 son requires at least 15 trail side repairs every time we ride lately as he's getting a little bigger / harder on gear. Hopefully not @ozzybmx levels tho.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Pluggin'... after the weekends rough descent over a shaley knife rock section at warp speed, a heavy landing put 2 holes in my tyre at once.

I would usually toss the tyre at this stage but these are hard to get and theres a bit of life as a rear yet. Though got 2 new spares here ;)

On this bike (Deviate) which is used for play days and shuttles, I should probably run the enduro casing tyre on the rear.

fghgfdh.jpg

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I needed something to get me off my ass again and I signed up for the enduro (but shuttled! :) ) at Highline in March.

First trip of the ass was today and had the car in for a service so used the time to get some k's in. I managed my longest ride to date.

IMG_20230111_120250_copy_1852x1388.jpg
IMG_20230111_120327_copy_1392x1856.jpg
IMG_20230111_121332_copy_1489x1986.jpg

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Pluggin'... after the weekends rough descent over a shaley knife rock section at warp speed, a heavy landing put 2 holes in my tyre at once.

I would usually toss the tyre at this stage but these are hard to get and theres a bit of life as a rear yet. Though got 2 new spares here ;)

On this bike (Deviate) which is used for play days and shuttles, I should probably run the enduro casing tyre on the rear.

View attachment 396093
You're going to need to start balancing your wheels with all this extra weight on one side of the tyre :D

Flow-Rider

Burner
Picked up the Oneup EDC tool for the pump I got a while ago. Seems decent enough - if not a bit fiddly. Got the tyre plug and quick link tool as I was stuck on the trail the other day as I couldn't get another riders quick link undone - seems a bit pricey for the quick link pliers / plug attachment (Well the whole thing isn't cheap really) but not having one the other day nearly caused the ride to be aborted. Well shall see how if performs, likely sooner rather tan later as it seems #1 son requires at least 15 trail side repairs every time we ride lately as he's getting a little bigger / harder on gear. Hopefully not @ozzybmx levels tho.
You don't hang around these parts long enough to get the insider secrets?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The same kind of dickhead who parks their car over walking/riding paths and lets their off-leash dog run up a sanctioned downhill MTB track. The idiocy in this town boggles my mind.
You're a bit like my wife, the naive pessimist. She can't believe how rude, stupid, selfish etc people are.

I'm the cynical optimist. I assume everyone is a shithead, and hope for better.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk