What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I did absolutely nothing with my bike today... Had planned to ride with my regular Sunday crew, but when the morning alarm went off, I felt pretty munted after sailing yesterday (first day of the season, so always a bit of tough session), so told the alarm to fuck off and went back to sleep for another couple of hours. Then after I did get up, did stuff for my boat instead.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Managed to finish off the reassembly and bleed of the rear brake I'd stripped down due to issues. Rode my main bike for a trail session as well, discovered more fucking big trees down on the trail, new b-lines have been cut for a while it seems.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Camped up at Warburton this weekend with friends. They are not riders, so while they were all sitting around, Sue and I thought we’d get out and try some of the local trails. Using Trailforks Sue found the start of Hey Hey My My. I was still locking the car, and Sue had already set off on what appeared to be the softer climb. I would have went the other way, but the sign didn’t say it was directional, so off we went. Anyway, after an endless series of seriously brutal climbs that no XC whippet or eBiker was ever going to clear, which we walked, or pushed with a very elevated heart rate, I harassed Sue to reconsult Trailforks… as I was sure we were going the wrong way, and sure enough, yep, we were. So, we weren’t too far from the top, so we toughed it out, and got to the peak. Turned around and it was great... had some fun, it was awesome. I didn’t do any jumps, as most were way too chunky for my old body, but as I B-lined some of them, I realized they were totally do-able. Anyway, nicely bermed trail and great fun.

Then we tried an unsanctioned trail not too far away, and it was even steeper, and the clay was slippery as, but the descent was excellent.

On the way to that trail, I’d spotted the start of some single track near a side road, and although Trailforks didn’t give it a mention, we thought why not? So off we went, and it was fantastic. It didn’t really climb or descend, but pretty much followed a contour line around the side of the mountain for about 2.5kms, heading towards La La Falls. We walked the falls the next day, and the signage said there was an old tram track, to get the timber out, so I wonder if our trail was that, but I didn’t see any tram track remnants. Anyway, regardless it was fun. I wanted to ride back up the trail to the car, but Sue wanted to take the road… big mistake… technically easier, but the last km was fricken hell. Still, didn’t have a hearty, so all good.

The resultant beer was very nice.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Managed to finish off the reassembly and bleed of the rear brake I'd stripped down due to issues. Rode my main bike for a trail session as well, discovered more fucking big trees down on the trail, new b-lines have been cut for a while it seems.
Hope it wasn’t the Hopes :oops:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Pulled down a brand new DVO Onyx to do a travel change.. There's supposed to be 40cc of jizz in each leg lower...would have been lucky to have 10cc drain out of both legs all up... at least the seals had some grease under them unlike the last 2 fox36s I've pulled apart...
I can see why the DVO NZ crew strip down and rebuild every new fork/ shock they sell.
Silky smooth now. Will be golden once it breaks in.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Flew in yesterday from Europe. Little bit jet lagged. I remember someone once saying to battle a hangover get out of bed and do some push-ups. So I figure the same MO could work for jet lag. So I search the house and grab about 7 shots of coffee beans, some Sudafed, some energy gel, some energy/hydration powder , couple bananas and put it all in the blender and make a smoothie. Must of worked as I managed about 1400m and 27km and had a ball. Bit wrecked now.
Ok the smoothie thing was bullshit but did end up scoffing a bunch of strong coffees this morning.
6BEA4D75-419D-409F-8156-626B10FF7321.jpeg
78C12874-531D-4723-9093-DF636915FA25.jpeg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Flew in yesterday from Europe. Little bit jet lagged. I remember someone once saying to battle a hangover get out of bed and do some push-ups. So I figure the same MO could work for jet lag. So I search the house and grab about 7 shots of coffee beans, some Sudafed, some energy gel, some energy/hydration powder , couple bananas and put it all in the blender and make a smoothie. Must of worked as I managed about 1400m and 27km and had a ball. Bit wrecked now.
Ok the smoothie thing was bullshit but did end up scoffing a bunch of strong coffees this morning.
View attachment 403333View attachment 403334
I bought some raw alloy handlebars so we might be able to distinguish our respective bikes/gravelburn posts in future. :p

PS: @Jabubu - ask him about his Michelin tyres!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Aren’t you going to plaster yours in red anno and white porcupines?
That kind of perverse viewing is only on my OnlyFans, but that's cool - you're subscription is still current!

Realistically - it'll have red anno hubs for a bit until I lash out on some new rims and get wheels built, otherwise it'll be silver and black all over. (Might have a red coil on the shock for a bit, depending what spring rate I end up needing too)

Jpez

Down on the left!
That kind of perverse viewing is only on my OnlyFans, but that's cool - you're subscription is still current!

Realistically - it'll have red anno hubs for a bit until I lash out on some new rims and get wheels built, otherwise it'll be silver and black all over. (Might have a red coil on the shock for a bit, depending what spring rate I end up needing too)
Actually I’ve got a set of Mezzer pros on the way soon so at least our arches will be facing in different directions!
That means a Lyric ultimate(non buttercups) with tuned damper and Smashpot with 3 springs might be up for sale if anyone is interested.