What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Noticed a creak somewhere around the BB or seat post area yesterday. Drove me crazy and flipped the OCD noise switch somewhere in my head.

A quick clean and lube of the BB. See how it goes.

As much as Shimano cranksets are rarely the prettiest, but after years of just riding it and doing zero for it, it is all clean, very little embedded dust, and bearings are still smooth.

The humble Hollowtech Shimano BB and crankset is a beautifully simple design, easy to remove and does way more right than wrong. Nice one. Won't mention DuraAce though. :)

I just wish it looked like Caramba double barrels, eWings or other pr0n unobtainium cranksets.
20231012_101955.jpg

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I too have a click from what seems to be the crank/bb area but it's not something I can feel through the pedals. Might be time for a clean and regrease.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Ah everything is the same as the Nicolai was, just frame swap. Float X/36 Factory, EXC1200, M8100/Cura4... 14.00kg as pictured so just a little less than 1kg lighter than the S14.
How does it pedal?
I very nearly got one with the 135mm linkage when they were on sale, but was concerned about pedal efficiency (I do the occasional XC race). That and the offset rear wheel put me off.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
How does it pedal?
I very nearly got one with the 135mm linkage when they were on sale, but was concerned about pedal efficiency (I do the occasional XC race). That and the offset rear wheel put me off.
Dunno yet, only just built it. The leverage curve is a fairly standard digressive-progressive-digressive horst link vibe, and anti squat is not super high, so I'm expecting it to be fairly active. But it's also what I'm hoping for as I have a 105/120mm Saturn11 too which does XC/marathon type duties so this is really for going fast down hills/jumps etc. That said I also got the 135mm link given it was only $150, so have that on the shelf. The 135mm link still runs the 230x60mm shock which brings the leverage rate down pretty low so I suspect that might be a bit more supportive.

Rear wheel didn't really bother me as it's just a 4mm re-dish rather than going to a stupid 157mm hub. No requirement for new spokes or anything just a little time in the truing stand.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Put some bits together. Trying something a bit lighter, longer travel and a bit shorter than the S14.

View attachment 403364
Looks so good. Fresh! I read that one of the designer/owners did some time at BMC which make the Scor bikes. If it’s anything like the Scor I hired in Switzerland It should prove to be a lot of fun! Especially at that weight.
The lightness of the Scor and it’s suspension platform which was super active made it so sprightly and agile and ready to hop and pop whenever I asked it but still capable In the rough stuff.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Looks so good. Fresh! I read that one of the designer/owners did some time at BMC which make the Scor bikes. If it’s anything like the Scor I hired in Switzerland It should prove to be a lot of fun! Especially at that weight.
The lightness of the Scor and it’s suspension platform which was super active made it so sprightly and agile and ready to hop and pop whenever I asked it but still capable In the rough stuff.
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for! I love the S14 but there's a fair bit of weight in it for a 135mm bike, and it's got the long reach/long wheelbase of a bigger bike, so on one hand you sort of expect it to be poppier and livelier than it is but then also to have a bit more depth properly rough stuff than it does.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Fitted the trickstuff power pads on my curas. OMG why didn’t I fit these sooner!! I was running “standard” trickstuff pads. Which were ok. But these are so much better!
That's good to know because I was considering trying the standard pads as they are like $20 a set. I guess I'll keep paying the $30 for the Power :)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Fitted the trickstuff power pads on my curas. OMG why didn’t I fit these sooner!! I was running “standard” trickstuff pads. Which were ok. But these are so much better!
They make a massive difference, my favourite pads ever... Though I am going to try the Uber E-Matrix next. Just fitted my last set of Power so will place the Uber order in the next few days.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
They make a massive difference, my favourite pads ever... Though I am going to try the Uber E-Matrix next. Just fitted my last set of Power so will place the Uber order in the next few days.
Try the Power + for even more oomph.