What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty675

Cable thief
Monday tutorial for all those burners struggling with Mondayitis like myself!

Tutorial #1. How to remove an Ali express cassette.

Step 1. Collect a grinder, hammer and cold chisel.
View attachment 405176

Step 2. Start getting caveman with your shit!

View attachment 405177

Step 2. Keep hacking away.
View attachment 405178
Step 3. Hit it with a hammer.

Soon you’ll will end up with this.

View attachment 405179
Final step. Toast your success and bask in your glory with a tasty beverage or two. Regardless of the time! This is a two beer job. My only mistake was starting it before smoko.

View attachment 405180

;)
Looking forward to your review of these cassettes
Time for one of these
IMG_5813.jpeg

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Laced up some new TWE 36h rims for the dirt jumper and finally fitted the manitou circus I bough 6(possibly longer) months ago. One quick blap around the street and I’m pretty chuffed. No weird spring slap noises from the fork and more importantly it looks better.
IMG_2023-12-11-182408.jpeg

Freediver

I can go full Karen
In Inverloch last week - weather was spectacular until Friday .
The rail trail is very nice - will do again .Although there is another one heading towards Leongatha also may give a try
I've got a block the other side of the inlet, I bailed on Saturday.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
We need more details on this ride! How long did it take you etc.?
- Audax Australia ride, very well run I must say.
- Total time was 18h 53min. That includes stopping time.
- Start at 4am, finish around 10:50pm.
- 4 checkpoints at 70km, 105km, 170km & 220km. Food and drinks supplied.
- One section of road had just been graded. With rain was like riding through sand (about 5km)
- Had stomach troubles for last half (maybe to much water)
- Some rain in the first 150km but was quite humid.
- Lots of rain the last 150km.
- Climb up Mt Skene was wet and thick fog. Descent was the same but speed = cold.

The 220km checkpoint was after about 5km of descending Mt Skene. I wasn't in great shape, cold & wet. A toastie, and a cup of hot water and back on the bike. Was even colder descending into Licola. A couple of km along the valley (a few degrees warmer) the system was back to normalish, the worst of it was over. It wasn't a cold day, 10deg was the lowest my Garmin picked up at the top of the Mt.

- Water managed to get into my main front light so didn't work. Small front light (50 - 100 lumen maybe) was just enough to see and finish.

And cause we always forget something....
At the start and times during the ride I thought my shoes didn't feel quite right. Anyway, when finished took them off and threw them in the back of the car, didn't think much of it. At home the next day, got shoes from the car to wash and realised I had not put the soles back in the shoes from when I washed them about a week ago (still pegged to the clothes line). Also probably why me knees are a little out of whack.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Weight weenies of the world unite! Scott Spark RC 900 World Cup
We went to Launceston over the weekend to collect this frame. Came with new SID Select fork, BB, Headset, stem ,Twinloc lever thingy, Fox Kashima seat post. 18 months old, raced for one season. Still looks new.
Woman who owned it is a younger version of the new owner. Both 160 cm and 53 kilos. They had a long chat about the love of climbing while I talked to her mechanic (husband) and loaded into the car.
More pics when completed build this week. Will post in PYR @Tubbsy . Gotta keep Santa at bay.

Scott 2.jpg
Scott 1.jpg

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Monday tutorial for all those burners struggling with Mondayitis like myself!

Tutorial #1. How to remove an Ali express cassette.

Step 1. Collect a grinder, hammer and cold chisel.
View attachment 405176

Step 2. Start getting caveman with your shit!

View attachment 405177

Step 2. Keep hacking away.
View attachment 405178
Step 3. Hit it with a hammer.

Soon you’ll will end up with this.

View attachment 405179
Final step. Toast your success and bask in your glory with a tasty beverage or two. Regardless of the time! This is a two beer job. My only mistake was starting it before smoko.

View attachment 405180

;)
Gonna need a cable tie or two to get that back on...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Weight weenies of the world unite! Scott Spark RC 900 World Cup
We went to Launceston over the weekend to collect this frame. Came with new SID Select fork, BB, Headset, stem ,Twinloc lever thingy, Fox Kashima seat post. 18 months old, raced for one season. Still looks new.
Woman who owned it is a younger version of the new owner. Both 160 cm and 53 kilos. They had a long chat about the love of climbing while I talked to her mechanic (husband) and loaded into the car.
More pics when completed build this week. Will post in PYR @Tubbsy . Gotta keep Santa at bay.
Such a nice frame, got a big soft spot for those!