What does your day look like?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Well, no. I doubt the hail smashed through the ceiling layer. The installers are pretty well regulated nowadays and will clean / vac afterwards.
FFS what's wrong with the world theses days, have a look at the photo of daylight through the roof of what looks to be a shed.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
FFS what's wrong with the world theses days, have a look at the photo of daylight through the roof of what looks to be a shed.
Eh, problems with the world ?

It is a shed (read the post) but the asbestos roof photo is of the house (read the post) which I am assuming has a ceiling. I don’t see any photos of light visible from inside the house.

I’m not debating that it’s a shit situation for all affected and you don’t want kids playing in contact with asbestos. Just noting that there is one upside in a shit situation.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Yeah I’m seeing the upside. I’m a plumber & roofer. The 120m2 asbestos roof has been quoted previously at around 18k to remove, dispose and vacuum by a certified hygienist I use for work already. That’s before roof replacement at around 18-20k materials & labor. That doesn’t include new gyprock, painting etc.

All this for $800 excess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@foxpuppet sorry to hear of your storm damage, never a good time for it, I'd argue this is probs the worst time.

My car got beat up, windscreen is cracked but not shattered, I'll run the gauntlet and still drive it. I got off lightly compared to others, perhaps a benefit of an old landcruiser ?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Damn @foxpuppet ! You guys copped it pretty hard. Will you be able to stay in residence or will you need to move out for a bit while the insurance company resolve the damage?

I wonder if the removal of asbestos sheet roofing, such as this example, will find itself in a similar position as the loose fill asbestos insulation did recently (nsw government engaging on inspections and buy outs to eliminate it)?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Exactly, Foxy - this is a win. A new metal roof with sarking & proper insulation will work wonders for your amenity!
My wife’s already thinking colour choices and the new roof profile.

New battens, heaps of inso. I’m already wondering about reduced energy cost etc in the old hot box.

Builders from insurance co will be onsite at 7 tomorrow to determine habitability and make watertight.

Last day at work today and all I’m thinking of is going home for a ride!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Damn @foxpuppet ! You guys copped it pretty hard. Will you be able to stay in residence or will you need to move out for a bit while the insurance company resolve the damage?

I wonder if the removal of asbestos sheet roofing, such as this example, will find itself in a similar position as the loose fill asbestos insulation did recently (nsw government engaging on inspections and buy outs to eliminate it)?
My dream is that they deem it easier to demo the house and we get that new prebuilt we always wanted.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
@foxpuppet sorry to hear of your storm damage, never a good time for it, I'd argue this is probs the worst time.

My car got beat up, windscreen is cracked but not shattered, I'll run the gauntlet and still drive it. I got off lightly compared to others, perhaps a benefit of an old landcruiser ?
Insurance wanted us to get the windscreen fixed so it’s driveable before assessing.....

Earliest windscreen booking is 23rd of January

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
And we're not even 'properly' camping :confused:

Any more gear and we'll need a trailer. Although that might finally get Mrs George to allow me to rebuild the vintage caravan that's in the shed. :rolleyes: