What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Meh - shoulda made it a combined bday/Xmas pressie. You know he’d appreciate that.
Hah, as a Dec baby I spent my whole life with you will get something small for your birthday and bigger presents for Christmas. This never happened. My family had no money so birthday and Christmas morphed into one whereas the rest of the world (in my eyes) got two big whacks of presents.

This year I have got nuffin for birthday! Again! Just have to get stuff for myself!!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Been getting my own for years.

"What do you want for Chrissy?" they ask.

"$200 for a new seat will be fine" I say.

Stare blankly, they do.

Middle Boy's birthday is January 2nd, so he's in the firing line for dual presents. He gets soooo filthy when Oldest Boy gets presents in May, and he doesn't.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Dec 28 bday my childhood memories will always be the combined gift. Now I just buy my own gifts as there is no way my wife will know what the hell a Debonair Airshaft upgrade kit is. Tbe alternative has been to fill a cart on crc with items give her the login and she just picks a few. Now I am a father I am just as excited about the fact that there is a brand new commencal hardtail under the tree. Only problem is it’s 16”

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My better half has an early Jan birthday. She tells similar tales of woe about combined pressies growing up. In 07 our first kid was born on the same date somehow, so no more birthdays for her. Royally screwed

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
My better half has an early Jan birthday. She tells similar tales of woe about combined pressies growing up. In 07 our first kid was born on the same date somehow, so no more birthdays for her. Royally screwed
Atleast she’s used to the dissapointment.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My sister is a week before Christmas and copped a fair bit of this, mainly from the extended family. I figured she would've been smart enough to plan her kids for the middle of the year...nope. 2 of them are in the first 2 weeks of January.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
..... figured she would've been smart enough to plan her kids for the middle of the year...
While our first two were planned, we didn't really think about when, the third one took three months to swim the distance, we were hoping for September.

Could've been worse. He was due Christmas Day but because he was so huge they lifted him out of the emergency hatch two weeks early.

stirk

Burner
You can break the cycle!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Both the Wife's and my car took a hammering.... she lost a rear window... luckily my Ute managed to escape any smashed glass. Off for 2 weeks camping with the kids tomorrow... would have been an absolute ball ache having to organise a new windscreen/window before setting out at first light.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Bugger. Not a good feeling. This last two weeks while camping we have three big storms. Very different under canvas and fibreglass than a steel roof.

Saw a Hyundai with glass roof (the one that has two doors one side and one the other) hit by big hail in the city. Roof exploded all over the poor lady inside. She got smacked by glass then a few hundred hail stones before getting out to safety.

Have a good break if you can.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Saw a Hyundai with glass roof (the one that has two doors one side and one the other) hit by big hail in the city. Roof exploded all over the poor lady inside. She got smacked by glass then a few hundred hail stones before getting out to safety.
Holycrap! It's safety glass but still cuts. Poor lass.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I got caught in Camperdown with a dry road when spots started appearing about the size of .50c pieces by the time I hit Annadale....had to take cover under a balcony then got home to ice cubes on the lawn