What does your day look like?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
What an amazing town...
I truly have no idea what you're getting at

I have this weird feeling that I need to defend this town, which is strange because I don't even come from here.

Maybe it's a feeling of unfairness. I mean, have you been to Sydney or Melbourne lately? It's the same shit just with more crime and traffic. And, admittedly, less public service grads. However, I think I'd still prefer them over bogans, over-entitled wankers from Sydney's eastern suburbs and the fully sick bros from Sydney's southwest.

Try and get something positive from the experience and drop into Bentspoke or the Old Canberra Inn.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
However, I think I'd still prefer them over bogans, over-entitled wankers from Sydney's eastern suburbs and the fully sick bros from Sydney's southwest.

Try and get something positive from the experience and drop into Bentspoke or the Old Canberra Inn.
I am on the outer since I still shave but do watch the whole hipster world with some interest. The ones I've come across have been utterly decent compared to the many other noxious people that pollute the world just by being here.

Beards make me itch and I just have to shave after it gets annoying. Hence will never be able to be a hipster nor jihadi with shaving lameness

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It's not the real hipsters that I have a problem with. Its the people who grow a beard, talk coffee and barber shops and get sailor tats simply because it became fashionable - that shit that Knuckles posted is the perfect example, along with that dickhead up the page that I posted with his pants hanging down. He is the quintessential fashion victim poser attention seeker that makes the blokes I just posted (who make great coffee and clearly give a shit) like wankers.

I haven't come across many annoying hipster chicks either, it seems to be a male thing.

I hate having a beard as well, it's marginally worse than shaving.

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
What about if you have a beard for practical purposes (keep face warm, hide double chin)?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Only thing that shits me are fashion victims.

....and having a beard on my own silly dial.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I truly have no idea what you're getting at

I have this weird feeling that I need to defend this town, which is strange because I don't even come from here.

Maybe it's a feeling of unfairness. I mean, have you been to Sydney or Melbourne lately? It's the same shit just with more crime and traffic. And, admittedly, less public service grads. However, I think I'd still prefer them over bogans, over-entitled wankers from Sydney's eastern suburbs and the fully sick bros from Sydney's southwest.

I knew that one would steam your pudding.

To be fair, I have a beard, although it's more crusty old hobo than hipster.

Been pleasantly surprised, actually. Weather during the day has been ace, nice regional city atmosphere, once you get out of the commonwealth zone. Will be definitely coming back with a bike before too long.

Hmmmm....spending a fair whack of my stay in tuggeranong has me scratching my head about your bogan statements though.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have this weird feeling that I need to defend this town
You really dont :whistle:

Hipsters here just amuse me doing all the things that we cool in Sydney 3 years ago and Melbourne 5+ (and New York 10 years ago...). Its like fashion hand me downs.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I knew that one would steam your pudding.

To be fair, I have a beard, although it's more crusty old hobo than hipster.

Been pleasantly surprised, actually. Weather during the day has been ace, nice regional city atmosphere, once you get out of the commonwealth zone. Will be definitely coming back with a bike before too long.

Hmmmm....spending a fair whack of my stay in tuggeranong has me scratching my head about your bogan statements though.
Yeah, I live northside and don't really go to Tuggers very often. And Canberra DOES have it's deros and bogans, it's just that I grew up near Parramatta in the 70s and 80s so anything less than 99% bogan is refreshing to me.

And yes, stay out of Barton, at all costs. That area has something far worse than bogans......

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
:wacko:

Yeah its a different world down there! Although the fringes of the north aren't much better!

And I once lived in Glenorchy, Tasmania - so I know a bogan.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
That's slowly changing, Charnwood, Holt, etc are gentrifying as house prices push folk out of places like Kaleen, Page, etc. I used to go to Kippax a bit and it was a melting pot from deros to middle/middle income. Can't speak for Gunkgahlin though, think it's more Chinese and Indian than anything else.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's not the real hipsters that I have a problem with. Its the people who grow a beard, talk coffee and barber shops and get sailor tats simply because it became fashionable - that shit that Knuckles posted is the perfect example, along with that dickhead up the page that I posted with his pants hanging down. He is the quintessential fashion victim poser attention seeker that makes the blokes I just posted (who make great coffee and clearly give a shit) like wankers.

I haven't come across many annoying hipster chicks either, it seems to be a male thing.

I hate having a beard as well, it's marginally worse than shaving.
I can't stand the quest for acknowledgement as the unique special being...you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Place is surrounded by forestry plantations.
Well I guess this validates the poster's lumberjack motif.

Cheers J-man.
Is there burger grease on your lense?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Is there burger grease on your lense?
Probably, but more likely the 3% battery fucking with the focus.

To save posting in the other thread, Full Service (hipster for "with the lot" I assume), including beetroot, ordered hold the pineapple though. The spicy chips were pretty good too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Probably, but more likely the 3% battery fucking with the focus.

To save posting in the other thread, Full Service (hipster for "with the lot" I assume), including beetroot, ordered hold the pineapple though. The spicy chips were pretty good too.
The burger was called "full service"? That sounds like you are getting a wristy for dessert.