What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If you're stupid is it possible to walk smart?

What's that all about? Drunk people walking straight into the water is my guess.
Its all over town. A few years ago the local government went on a safety spree...pedestrians need to be careful.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

Oil pissing out of the transmission hydraulic pump on SWMBO's new Alfa - it doesn't even have 1000KMs on it yet...

Flow-Rider

Burner

Oil pissing out of the transmission hydraulic pump on SWMBO's new Alfa - it doesn't even have 1000KMs on it yet...
Look out warranty department! You bought an Alfa mate, they're made to leak. My Subi's 8 years old and not one drop of oil.

Haakon

My Megane is 11 years old and not one drop of oil...

Tomorrow will be its third visit. I have requested that a dash rattle be sorted, an ill fitting dash trim part fitted, an interior light fixed, the front doors aligned, the steering creak/clunk fixed and the occasional bunny hopping at low speed investigated.

They fixed the rattle... I did the trim part and aligned the doors myself (they said they were not adjustable, it took me 10 minutes...). Steering noise still there (i dont think they really looked...). Now it needs a new transmission pump that is hopefully also the cause of the bunny hopping incident.

Not my choice of car btw - I would have been waaaaay happier if she liked the Mazda 3 GT or the Megane IV. Its a nice car, but I was nervous about it for a reason it seems!!

I also have a complaint with Alfa Oz - the brochure said it had heated mirrors, as did the selling dealer. Another warranty fix I asked to be done was look into why the heated mirrors were not working - it seems my one left the factory with out them fitted and Alfa obviously are refusing to retrofit them!! Bloody annoying.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
My Megane is 11 years old and not one drop of oil...

Tomorrow will be its third visit. I have requested that a dash rattle be sorted, an ill fitting dash trim part fitted, an interior light fixed, the front doors aligned, the steering creak/clunk fixed and the occasional bunny hopping at low speed investigated.

They fixed the rattle... I did the trim part and aligned the doors myself (they said they were not adjustable, it took me 10 minutes...). Steering noise still there (i dont think they really looked...). Now it needs a new transmission pump that is hopefully also the cause of the bunny hopping incident.

Not my choice of car btw - I would have been waaaaay happier if she liked the Mazda 3 GT or the Megane IV. Its a nice car, but I was nervous about it for a reason it seems!!

I also have a complaint with Alfa Oz - the brochure said it had heated mirrors, as did the selling dealer. Another warranty fix I asked to be done was look into why the heated mirrors were not working - it seems my one left the factory with out them fitted and Alfa obviously are refusing to retrofit them!! Bloody annoying.
Insist that they don't let a Junior technician work on it.

I hope it doesn't but you know the probability of it coming back with more rattles than when it went in.

Just keep on pushing for the mirrors, sounds rather dodgy.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Look out warranty department! You bought an Alfa mate, they're made to leak. My Subi's 8 years old and not one drop of oil.
But, but, Alfa's are great. If they were reliable and well put together I'd buy one in an instant. Hope they sort it out.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Ideate

Are they a dual clutch like vw? Our dsg in the GTI sprung a leak but has been fine since warranty fix. They're pretty easy to service too.

I was trying to decide where to put my tools today before I quit and decided to fit a 2.8 Super Moto-X to my 35W's for commuting... Mainly because I didn't know where to put my headset removal tool ;)

First world problems. I think I'll chuck it all back in the cantilever.

Flow-Rider

Burner
But, but, Alfa's are great. If they were reliable and well put together I'd buy one in an instant. Hope they sort it out.

I always wanted an 80's bright red Alpha GTV6 even got to drive and work on a few. The opportunity finally came up where one was up for sale and the boss at the time said, "if you're buying that it ain't coming in here" One thing that they did do is rust very badly.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I always wanted an 80's bright red Alpha GTV6 even got to drive and work on a few. The opportunity finally came up where one was up for sale and the boss at the time said, "if you're buying that it ain't coming in here" One thing that they did do is rust very badly.
Loved the gtv and alfettas. I grew up with quite a few Italians that indulged in them. They sound nice and the interiors always have that feeling of euro coolness.

Don't forget the Fiat 124 either.

Rust is supposed to be much less in newer models, supposedly..

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Best car I ever had...
Damn, you should have kept that one. Very nice.

A friend of mine had a 1750 gtv that he rebuilt and spent tonnes of money on. It was worth it in the end but having something heavy in the boot helped traction once it was done. Went like hell.

Loved the gtv and alfettas. I grew up with quite a few Italians that indulged in them. They sound nice and the interiors always have that feeling of euro coolness.

Don't forget the Fiat 124 either.

Rust is supposed to be much less in newer models, supposedly..

Had a 74 Fiat 124 Sport back in the day...thing went like the clappers. A super fun car to drive. Wish I'd held onto it in many respects. One of the few Euro coupes that was easy to work on too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Haakon

Yeah, it's a 6 speed dual dry clutch. Happy to accept a few niggles in a new car, but do need the dealer to actually fix them!!!

My first Italian - it's making the French stuff I usually drive look very reliable!

Working from home - I only live 10 mins from work but it was an excuse to not immerse myself in the absolute bedlam my office can be, so dog walk to check the surf, back down there for some waves and then back home to actually focus on some work for a change and get some shite done.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Had a 74 Fiat 124 Sport back in the day...thing went like the clappers. A super fun car to drive. Wish I'd held onto it in many respects.
Another friend of mine had one as daily driver. It went for longer than it should have without too many headaches from memory. A really nice design with that Italian vavoom that you just have to like.

German cars, like the BMWs, Mercedes and Audi in particular seem to have no character. Not that I don't like them but Italy just makes putting wheels on things fun and usually looking good.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My first Italian - it's making the French stuff I usually drive look very reliable!
My brother had a Pug 308 for a few years and it held together pretty well. The French ergonomics is just odd, well, has character.

If the Koreans made the same car then the world would sneer. Otherwise it is called character.