What does your day look like?

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
If the syringes use standard o-rings on the plunger, get epdm orings off eBay out of Europe. I paid 4-6 bucks with postage for a half dozen. EPDM is dot fluid safe.
Thanks for the info link, the kit comes with spares and they don't look like standard (compound) o rings but most likely in the near future I'll need to replace them.

Chriso_29er

Likes Dirt
Seems I was a little hasty in my damage assessment from yesterdays storm!
Bike shed skylight and my back pagola now look like this :( Didn't notice last night.
Luckily wifes car was in the garage, but not sure how my car managed to dodge it as I drove home.

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert
Pretty minor really, no big deal. Was probably overdue for a spruce up anyway.
If you stand on the old sheet just make sure you are over a beam so when you fall through you nut yourself, only joking ;).

At least you've had some rain down there I haven't had a good drenching here for a while, it just goes over us and dumps on the next suburbs.

Dales Cannon

Adminerotic
Staff member
Headed out to a gymkhana at Lakeside Park. Nothing exotic and nothing special but it was a good event. Had I known it was on early enough I would have entered the XR4 for its shakedown run. Commonsense prevailed in the heat and driving suits were not mandatory. I doubt anyone got much over 60kph on the tight track. Didn't stop a few people having excursions or the odd bit of oversteer though.

stirk

Wheel size expert
Haha, awesome pics Dale, only fourby's should be lifting wheels like that!

The mini is cocking a leg to take a pee.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
A quiet day at work and I was getting bored, so I had a play on the router and made some interlocking chairs.

The finishing on these is going to be a bitch, there's a whole lot of edges to aris, sand then wax/seal...any tips on finish would be appreciated, I was thinking just a satin wipe on poly.

Last edited:

Elbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I get to see some pretty cool things doing land surveying, just the creativity people have in doing things around their homes is awesome. This tree fell across a creek on a client's property. They turned it into the coolest bridge.

Dales Cannon

Adminerotic
Staff member
I get to see some pretty cool things doing land surveying, just the creativity people have in doing things around their homes is awesome. This tree fell across a creek on a client's property. They turned it into the coolest bridge.
Did the same thing when I was a boy at my grandparents farm. A flood took out the dodgy footbridge and my father and an uncle dropped a tree across the gully. No chainsaws. Then used an adze to level the top and cut stairs. Always a cool idea.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Is there a bit that will pinch an errant nut?
Christ, I didn't even consider that.

I shall do a *tentative test tomorrow, the spacing between the slats is pretty small and there should be no movement between the intersecting pieces as I've only given a 0.5mm tolerance.

* still unfinished and the edges are sharp as, I really don't want to be tweezing ply splinters from the love spuds.

Last edited: