What does your day look like?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Alfa's go by the 'It's close enough and we call is character, prego tutti' :)

I remember the old Alfasuds that had 'build quality' but your like them anyhow for the cool snarly exhausts.
Those old suds were cool. Little flat four screamers.

Modern Alfa’s are just like any other robot heavy modern car factory these days. Glass would go in by robot arm with a poofteenths of a bees dick tolerances.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Would be a pain though if it’s set up in a particular way, but that’s not something that can be insured.
Yeah. If that hail you copped in Canberra was involved, the setup (lights and large aluminium toolbox) would be destroyed, and not transferable to a rental.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Those old suds were cool. Little flat four screamers.

Modern Alfa’s are just like any other robot heavy modern car factory these days. Glass would go in by robot arm with a poofteenths of a bees dick tolerances.
Many of my friends I grew up with are Italian and I remember the s$*&tfights well between the Alfasuds made by southerners because the government didn't want them all to be farmers forever vs. the northerners where they make the uber cars and the more desirable Alfa GTVs etc.

The Alfasuds weren't their finest work but more of a family car overall.

Haakon

Many of my friends I grew up with are Italian and I remember the s$*&tfights well between the Alfasuds made by southerners because the government didn't want them all to be farmers forever vs. the northerners where they make the uber cars and the more desirable Alfa GTVs etc.

The Alfasuds weren't their finest work but more of a family car overall.
Jobs creation madness peaked with the Alfa sud engined Nissan pulsar made in Italy... Japanese design and Italian build quality - totally backwards to what you want!

The new Fiat 124 is the right way round - Italian design and made in Japan...

Haakon

didn't you only use the Renault to drive to the airport anyway, catch a bus!

I'm assuming this is another "please give us decent public transport" article... I prefer to ride - when I'm not sick or injured which hasnt been much lately.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It was my physio most recently - he came super close to dooring me with his car. He is a cyclist too and was super embarrassed - but he was driving a ute... hmmm.
Yeah, there's some fuckwits around.

The other day I had a black Vito van that passed me extremely close on a corner and I could see them looking in the side mirror to see how close they got.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Jobs creation madness peaked with the Alfa sud engined Nissan pulsar made in Italy... Japanese design and Italian build quality - totally backwards to what you want!

The new Fiat 124 is the right way round - Italian design and made in Japan...

I remember that Nissan Alfa. It is the worst of both worlds as you say. Here it is, the Arna.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Arna
The Wiki entry mentions it is related to the Holden Astra.

The new 124 is nice. I still remember the old ones and they were cool cars. A few friends had them. They looked great and had the classic Italian exhaust brapppppppp...... Brapppppppp....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
No-one wants to do this sort of thing. They just derive satisfaction from doing so :p
My arms grew a few centimetres when we built the shed floor.

It is hard work and my neighbour the brickie turned me into his apprentice - he yells, you have no breaks and feel more beat than riding uphill for a few hours.

I tip my hat to anyone that does anything brick, tile or concrete related. It is a tough gig.

Flow-Rider

Burner
My arms grew a few centimetres when we built the shed floor.

It is hard work and my neighbour the brickie turned me into his apprentice - he yells, you have no breaks and feel more beat than riding uphill for a few hours.

I tip my hat to anyone that does anything brick, tile or concrete related. It is a tough gig.
Mates a concreter, his worker tried to stop them from driving over it but they floored it even faster.

Haakon

I remember that Nissan Alfa. It is the worst of both worlds as you say. Here it is, the Arna.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Arna
The Wiki entry mentions it is related to the Holden Astra.

The new 124 is nice. I still remember the old ones and they were cool cars. A few friends had them. They looked great and had the classic Italian exhaust brapppppppp...... Brapppppppp....
The 124 has the same engine as our Alfa, I'm a big fan of it despite it being a bit turbo laggy sometimes. Its a gutsy unit - in the MX5 platform it would make for a very different drive than the peaky revvy NA Mazda engine.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I can confirm that Sydney was hot AF today, felt way hotter than the 30° forecast by the Bureau, I went for a ride later than usual and also had that feeling like I had just walked out of the ocean after about 15 mins on the bike.

Later in the day we had a brief storm come over between innings then the sun came out again and hello humidity...

The kids won the cricket match in a tight contest.

Last edited: