What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I built a gazebo over my in ground concrete water tank. It is 3m tall sitting on 150 square hardwood posts. Thus a decent step ladder is needed to access the roof. The roof is trusses and it isnt lined so it became a haven for possums. Sadly a few like to sit in the middle and sharpen their claws on the truss struts. I had a look the other day and there is a fair amount of damage and time to strengthen the centre chord. Off to the local aluminium place and bought some 80x40x3 channel to clad the chewed and clawed chord. Precut and predrilled the channel was fitted and the truss drilled through. Strangely the possums sleeping there were not best pleased. Mum and baby clambered up to the top and wedged themselves under the coro roof. After the drilling the channels were bonded to the truss and bolted in. Mumma possum decided she could rest her copious arse on the cartridge gun. Interesting balancing on a 2.5m step ladder while gluing and tightening the bolts with excess possum in the way.

Thinking this pair might the same ones I evicted from my kayak back in November...

And before anyone who suggests trapping these and releasing them we have maybe 50 or more possums and another would simplyntake their places.