What does your day look like?

tobbogonist

a registered member
Booked the first ferry for moving to Tasmania... And wont even be taking the bikes in the first car going down :( Still a fair way off, but suddenly wondering if I'm going to get everything packed in time!

Bit of a hassle getting the dogs down there - Kirsty is going to fly with them so its only one hour of stressing them out instead of a whole night in a cage in the hold of the boat...
If you need to get multiple pets to Tas I can recommend Pawmobile. We where struggling to work out a solution as we where also taking the boat.
Pawmobile walked us out onto the tarmac and the animals are loaded into the plane with seating arrangements the same as a commercial plane. One of our dogs was rather stressed about the whole experience so the 'air hostess' had him sit on her lap for most of the flight. It worked out cheaper to do it this way then one of us fly and one take the boat.
Only problem is someone has to collect them on the other end, I arrange for family to pick them up.

On top of the whole 1 night locked in a cage stress, the Spirit of Tasmania also comes with the dangers of losing your pet. The area they are kept in has an air circulation problem.
Pets regularly fall ill/die on the trip and Spirit are aware of this. The last time an animal died they said 'your dog escaped our cage and went missing on the boat.. we will not comment any further.'
I know I kinda sound conspiracy level paranoia about it but they have killed everything from family pets to racehorses.
Storage is near the area the trucks park, no ventilation and fills up with exhaust fumes.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
On top of the whole 1 night locked in a cage stress, the Spirit of Tasmania also comes with the dangers of losing your pet. The area they are kept in has an air circulation problem.
Pets regularly fall ill/die on the trip and Spirit are aware of this. The last time an animal died they said 'your dog escaped our cage and went missing on the boat.. we will not comment any further.'
I know I kinda sound conspiracy level paranoia about it but they have killed everything from family pets to racehorses.
Storage is near the area the trucks park, no ventilation and fills up with exhaust fumes.
The poor dogs are stressed to the hilt, side by side on decks 3 and 5 (supposedly ventilated decks)

You can choose to keep you dog in your car or caravan if you want but that comes with a risk too... unless you have a Tesla, then you can keep the climate control running for the whole sailing.

My missus looked into it on the last trip, it was just easier to leave it with Granny.

tobbogonist

a registered member
The poor dogs are stressed to the hilt, side by side on decks 3 and 5 (supposedly ventilated decks)

You can choose to keep you dog in your car or caravan if you want but that comes with a risk too... unless you have a Tesla, then you can keep the climate control running for the whole sailing.

My missus looked into it on the last trip, it was just easier to leave it with Granny.
Our vet brought it to our attention (a vet in rural Victoria), advised us strongly against using the boat. In talking with people down in Tas it's kinda general knowledge that you can float to Melbourne but your pets have to fly.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Thanks guys. Yeah, if we had to take the boat I’d be shoving them into a backpack as I left the car and smuggling them into the cabin!! No way in hell I’d be putting them in those cages…

Thanks for the recommendation @tobbogonist I’ll check them out. Qantas and virgin both demand you use a pet travel company at the moment anyway…

Ill go down a couple of days early to give me time to sort out the house a bit and then pick them up the airport. Spend a few days getting shit sorted, fly back to Canberra and bring the second car and trailer down… And spend a few days farewell riding Stromlo and Kowen…

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

Ive had a couple of crossings listening to some poor dog stress barking all night long…

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So I have a parcel to send and work. I also want to get some food before I start. Parcel all wrapped up and ready to go and fuck me this is some heavy rain.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Saw a snake. I went above and beyond and didn’t just ‘SLOW’ like the painted marking suggested - I stopped completely. It was just parked happily sunning itself…

Pretty sure I left a skidmark longer than the snake while trying to pull up though as it was at the bottom of a blind corner!

Just a little’n for a Tiger Snake. Watched me for a bit then peacefully turned and scarpered.

moorey

call me Mia
Saw a snake. I went above and beyond and didn’t just ‘SLOW’ like the painted marking suggested - I stopped completely. It was just parked happily sunning itself…

Pretty sure I left a skidmark longer than the snake while trying to pull up though as it was at the bottom of a blind corner!
View attachment 386158

Just a little’n for a Tiger Snake. Watched me for a bit then peacefully turned and scarpered.
Safer on the dirt…

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spent the afternoon up at Marysville with the doggo.

Heading home just before the Black Spur there was a heap of commotion with a broken down ski boat trailer half blocking the road, then realised 4 cars up from me was a dog running up the middle of the highway. Had escaped from the broken down car.
Couple of near misses with oncoming traffic and 500m later it's darted off to the left of the road. Heap of people now trying to catch it including the owners who had got a ride up the road following it in a car in front of me.

I pulled over and quickly got Star out of the car and headed over whistling to the dog, it's seen Star and immediately ran over, where I grabbed it and held until the owner was able to get it back on its lead. Glad it ended well, not the best road to be running down the middle of.